GTL d3d9.dll error

Old March 14th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL d3d9.dll error

"Ludwig" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> 'But the box says it works with DX8.1. Any idea why I'm having to
> install
> DX9?
>
> The box says it works with a DX 8.1 or better 'graphics card'. Using
> the latest version of DX is somewhat of a given.

I'm glad to hear it. In the old days, a Direct X upgrade was usually a
formula for trouble. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda thing.

-Tony-

Old March 14th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Tony Jester" > wrote in message
news

> "Ludwig" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> 'But the box says it works with DX8.1. Any idea why I'm having to
>> install
>> DX9?
>>
>> The box says it works with a DX 8.1 or better 'graphics card'. Using
>> the latest version of DX is somewhat of a given.

> I'm glad to hear it. In the old days, a Direct X upgrade was usually a
> formula for trouble. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda thing.
>
> -Tony-

I ran the demo on a Ti4400 with no issues (aside from less-than-stellar
FPS). Did have DX9 installed, though.

SB

Old March 14th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message
news:89ednaTkyuHYg4vZRVn-> I ran the demo on a Ti4400 with no issues (aside
from less-than-stellar
> FPS). Did have DX9 installed, though.

Wow! What a nightmare. Installing DX9 did allow me to run GTL Config, so I
set the shader to DX8, but starting the game sends the computer into a
reboot. The MS error reports show the Nvidia video drivers as causing the
crash so I spent two hours (@ 21.6) getting the latest video driver. I
guess I screwed up somewhere pretty bad uninstalling the old drivers and had
to do a system restore. Fortunately I set a restore point before I
installed DX9. I'm now getting Corrupted Computer errors I assume as a
result of installing GTL. I'll eventually get it all sorted out. I sure
hope it's worth it! If I only had the money I'd upgrade and start over
fresh, but that's not possible right now. Gotta make this work for now...

-Tony-

Old March 14th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Tony,

COuple of things to do after you "restored" the system, one is to install
dx9, because right now the dll's & other files are there on your harddrive,
but the info that XP needs is not, Due to restore {unless you have XP Pro
which actually makes backups & copies *all* files to a compressed file to
restore the machine... The XP home version just more or less saves a couple
KEY XP files, and the registry hives.

so install direct X9

then to get going faster, disable the antivirus, if you are scared at all
about a virus creeping in while installing the game, you could/should
disable the network connection (I just disable it in XP), or can by turning
off the modem, removing the cat5 wire, etc momentarily.

install the game, make sure it works fine, if not there is a problem with
the starforce (probably exists from demo, or previoulsy installed game) at
the gtlegends.com website there is a link to the fix for this I believe...

So, you will have to at least enable networking connection, browse to the
website (not a good time to check email or other browsing IMHO...}

At this point, if all is still good, get the patch while you are at the
gtlegends site.
Then, turn back on the antivirus, for performance reasons I suggest turning
it off while runing the game especially offline. Now at this point the AV
(mines computer associates, given to SBC DSL customers {absolute ****
btw...} it will not run with virus enabled by defaults, to keep it running,
I then had to make a "exception rule" for the GTL.exe in the AV setup
software... all is good now the kids can play and not have to disable av
then forget (dont they always?)

Tony Jester enlightened us with:

Old March 15th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"PlowBoy" > wrote in message
> Tony,
>
> COuple of things to do after you "restored" the system,

Thanks for the suggestions. I figured out what I did wrong. I deleted all
the drivers for my Asus Nvidia Motherboard by mistake! Stupid. I know
better... Anyway I now have the latest Nvidia driver for my video card. I
went next door at work and borrowd the neighbors Cable connection to
download 20+ megabites in about 10 seconds! Unbelievable. Took me several
2 hours at home with dial-up. When I get home from work I'll give it another
try. I WILL get it working. Thanks again.

-Tony-

Old March 15th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

OK, I finally got it up and running. Sheesh, what a joke. I wasted all this
time making this work so I can putt around in a MINI COOPER???? I should
have read the instructions BEFORE I spent 3 days screwing around. Not even
GPL made you start with F2/F3 cars. I'm pretty dissapointed, to say the
least. Well, at least I didn't spend $500+ on an upgrade :-)

-Tony-

Old March 15th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Ahhh but the original Mini Cooper was so much fun to drive in RL. I remember
roaring around, throwing the car round corners and on one occasion, driving
across three lanes and onto the shoulder to get around an 18 wheeler that
decided to pull onto the highway without looking.

om...

Old March 15th 06, 08:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Tony Jester wrote:
> OK, I finally got it up and running. Sheesh, what a joke. I wasted all this
> time making this work so I can putt around in a MINI COOPER???? I should
> have read the instructions BEFORE I spent 3 days screwing around. Not even
> GPL made you start with F2/F3 cars. I'm pretty dissapointed, to say the
> least. Well, at least I didn't spend $500+ on an upgrade :-)

Having put the effort in it shouldn't take long to find the means of
bypassing the career mode. GT Legends is very good and the AI are excellent.

Also the initial cars are good fun, you may be surprised.

Cheers
Tony

Old March 15th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in

> Also the initial cars are good fun, you may be surprised.

Yes, you're right. I never had so much fun going slow! There is a very
realistic feeling I noticed. However, I have a framerate problem. When GPL
came out, I upgraded. When N4 came out, I upgraded. But... I had more
money then. We'll see...

-Tony-

Old March 16th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

something worth knowing about "system restore" in XP...
some stuff I was not aware of either...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2D2539BA

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2D2539BA
Tony Jester enlightened us with:
> "PlowBoy" > wrote in message
>> Tony,
>>
>> COuple of things to do after you "restored" the system,

> Thanks for the suggestions. I figured out what I did wrong. I
> deleted all the drivers for my Asus Nvidia Motherboard by mistake!
> Stupid. I know better... Anyway I now have the latest Nvidia driver
> for my video card. I went next door at work and borrowd the
> neighbors Cable connection to download 20+ megabites in about 10
> seconds! Unbelievable. Took me several 2 hours at home with
> dial-up. When I get home from work I'll give it another try. I WILL
> get it working. Thanks again.
>
> -Tony-

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
unplug the spark-plug: error code or not? chibitul Honda 6 July 19th 05 04:24 AM
Order Of Error Codes Michale Chrysler 20 December 3rd 04 08:20 PM
Please help w/ error codes 21 and 32 Backyard Mechanic Ford Mustang 14 November 13th 04 11:32 PM