Door frame seals (300m) - comes off, too short - fix?

Old July 22nd 05, 02:57 AM
MoPar Man

Default Door frame seals (300m) - comes off, too short - fix?

The rear door seals on my 2000 300M (the combination plastic/rubber)
strip that runs up the front edge, across the top, and down the back
edge seems to only be held in place by a friction fit (no glue or
screws) and the fit isin't great (it's too short and doesn't follow
the corners). Maybe the front foor seals have the same problem.

Anyways, what's the fix for this? Stretch the hell out of it and use
contact cement?

Does Chrysler have a better fitting seal kit? Aftermarket?
Old July 22nd 05, 07:49 PM
Art

The fix is to buy one. Cut the others and leave the cut edges at the bottom
and fille them in with a piece of the new one. At the bottome everything
can be held by trim even though cut and spliced.

Old July 23rd 05, 12:50 PM
TNKEV

Art wrote:
> The fix is to buy one. Cut the others and leave the cut edges at

the
> bottom and fille them in with a piece of the new one. At the

bottome
> everything can be held by trim even though cut and spliced.
>

> "MoPar Man" > wrote in message
>>
>> The rear door seals on my 2000 300M (the combination

plastic/rubber)
>> strip that runs up the front edge, across the top, and down the

back
>> edge seems to only be held in place by a friction fit (no glue or
>> screws) and the fit isin't great (it's too short and doesn't follow
>> the corners). Maybe the front foor seals have the same problem.
>>
>> Anyways, what's the fix for this? Stretch the hell out of it and

use
>> contact cement?
>>
>> Does Chrysler have a better fitting seal kit? Aftermarket?

Chrysler does have a small metal clip that goes inside the weather
strip PN# 5019585AA use it and some good weather strip adhesive.