Why Z51? really big difference?

Old December 24th 04, 01:44 AM

Default Why Z51? really big difference?

I Found a 2000 coupe 6-spd 3:42 gears
but its not a Z51
I do like handling ability more the straight line
will I be dissappointed?

Old December 26th 04, 09:16 PM
LIW

"M" > wrote in message
> I Found a 2000 coupe 6-spd 3:42 gears
> but its not a Z51
> I do like handling ability more the straight line
> will I be dissappointed?

I doubt it. I had a 98 Convertible, and now a 2004 Coupe, both with stock
"soft" settings. They are more compliant in the real world on highway
expansion cracks, and over bumps and potholes. You probably do give away
a bit on very high speed sweepers, or diving deep into turns. But I
haven't noticed any limitation at any speed I feel comfortable pushing a
car.

Old December 26th 04, 09:16 PM
LIW

Old December 27th 04, 01:05 AM

Thanks,

I'm leaning towards coupe but only for security reasons
My current rag-roc was sliced & diced in the mall
do the make a hard top for the 97- '04 'vert?
Thanks
67 , 327 stingray 'vert
73,71,75,77 T-Top 350's
280Z, TR-6, MGB ,Midget Sprites, E-type Jag 4.2
2 Irocs '87 & 89 350 TPI & 305 TPI

Old December 27th 04, 01:05 AM

Old December 27th 04, 02:29 PM
Bob G.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:05:34 -0600, "M" > wrote:

>Thanks,
>
>I'm leaning towards coupe but only for security reasons
>My current rag-roc was sliced & diced in the mall
>do the make a hard top for the 97- '04 'vert?
>Thanks
>67 , 327 stingray 'vert
>73,71,75,77 T-Top 350's
>280Z, TR-6, MGB ,Midget Sprites, E-type Jag 4.2
>2 Irocs '87 & 89 350 TPI & 305 TPI

==================
Yes they do make a removalble hard top for the C5...seen
a few locally and I know the manufacturer does advertize in most of
the Corvette Rags...

Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes
One open garage stall still left

Old December 27th 04, 02:29 PM
Bob G.

==================

Old December 28th 04, 02:54 PM
JAck McKenzie

There is A removable hard top Made , we just put one on a 2003 , it was
made by Smooth Line 1-877-368-4533 web site www.smoothline.com excellent
quality
If you are in FL you could come and look at it or ask the company if someone
is local where you are , that's what we did before we purchased the top.
Please answer back through the news group the e-mail address will not work
Jack

Old December 28th 04, 02:54 PM
JAck McKenzie

Old January 5th 05, 06:02 AM
Venger

Doubt you'll be disappointed, but the Z51 is a great handler - very sure,
even in very sharp handling.

Venger

"M" > wrote in message
> I Found a 2000 coupe 6-spd 3:42 gears
> but its not a Z51
> I do like handling ability more the straight line
> will I be dissappointed?

528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 06:38 PM
Performance difference between manual and Tiptronic. RAFAL KRAWCZYK Audi 0 January 12th 05 11:37 PM
525 shocks Mike G BMW 13 November 25th 04 07:10 PM
no difference in lighting on my A4 1997. G Audi 4 October 27th 04 05:19 AM
1 series in North America? Robin S. BMW 29 October 11th 04 09:19 PM