OT Another good day to live

Old June 10th 05, 10:46 PM
Shag

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:33:33 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

>yes, i see....you were lucky....I to at times find myself moving to the far
>extreme of the lane just for this type of thing, but i sometimes think it
>makes you less likely to be seen....so i tend to do the "angle" so they can
>see more of the bike...i also like to flash my brake light...

I already have a headlight modulator on my bike that I installed, and
today I ordered a tail-light modulator from the same company. :-)

Old June 10th 05, 11:12 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:33:33 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
> wrote:
>
>>yes, i see....you were lucky....I to at times find myself moving to the
>>far
>>extreme of the lane just for this type of thing, but i sometimes think it
>>makes you less likely to be seen....so i tend to do the "angle" so they
>>can
>>see more of the bike...i also like to flash my brake light...

> I already have a headlight modulator on my bike that I installed, and
> today I ordered a tail-light modulator from the same company. :-)

excellent....let me know what you think of it...i am considering both of
those...(already read your "praise" for the headlight modulator)

Old June 11th 05, 04:30 AM
Bryan

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Shag" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:33:33 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>yes, i see....you were lucky....I to at times find myself moving to the
>>>far
>>>extreme of the lane just for this type of thing, but i sometimes think it
>>>makes you less likely to be seen....so i tend to do the "angle" so they
>>>can
>>>see more of the bike...i also like to flash my brake light...

>> I already have a headlight modulator on my bike that I installed, and
>> today I ordered a tail-light modulator from the same company. :-)
>>

> excellent....let me know what you think of it...i am considering both of
> those...(already read your "praise" for the headlight modulator)

This is what happens. You escape RAMVA, only to travel over to reeky, and
you are followed back to RAMVA.

Always, leave your bike in gear and have an escape plan. Shag, you did take
the MSF course, right?

Bryan

I will not cross post to rec.motorycyles.

Old June 11th 05, 04:58 AM
P.J. Berg

Shag wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:49:22 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
> wrote:
>

>>glad you came out okay....never forget you have a pretty powerful machine
>>that can accellerate quickly.....good chance he never would have gotten past
>>me on the right before i was out of the way....have had to miss a turn
>>before due to similar situations....repeat after me "twist and dump"
>>

> Yeah, but in this particular case I really didn't have the time. From
> the time I saw the truck to the time he passed me, I'd bet that less
> than 2 seconds passed. He must not have seen me until he was about
> 6-7 car-lengths away from me. He was ON MY ASS when I first spotted
> him and moving FAST. I just got lucky, plain and simple.

As I once before said, consider move to Europe!!

)

J.
Old June 11th 05, 05:54 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Bryan" > wrote in message

> This is what happens. You escape RAMVA, only to travel over to reeky, and
> you are followed back to RAMVA.

i don't go to reeky much....do make a showing some at AMS....

Old June 11th 05, 12:36 PM
Shag

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:30:42 -0600, "Bryan"
> wrote:

>This is what happens. You escape RAMVA, only to travel over to reeky, and
>you are followed back to RAMVA.
>
>Always, leave your bike in gear and have an escape plan. Shag, you did take
>the MSF course, right?

No. I've been riding for about 17 years now off-and-on. I've
considered taking it several times but haven't gotten around to it
yet. From what I've been told by a lot of people, it's well-worth
taking.

Old June 11th 05, 02:32 PM
Tim Rogers

"P.J. Berg" > wrote in message

> As I once before said, consider move to Europe!!

...................But it's full of those Euro-style weirdo foreigners who
look and talk funny!

timmy

Old June 11th 05, 04:54 PM
The Joneses

Shag wrote:

> Whoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! What a rush!!!!! Decided to ride the bike
> in to work again today and it was almost my last trip. I stopped on
> Six Forks Road heading north to wait for oncoming southbound traffic
> to clear so I could make a left turn. That portion of Six Forks road
> has one lane heading north, one heading south. No traffic light at
> that intersection. So when someone stops at the intersection where I
> stopped, traffic behind them has to wait for them or drive around them
> on the right by driving off of the side of the road. It's pretty rough
> there so it's only safe to drive around at probably 10 mph or so. So
> I'm sitting there in the leftmost portion of my lane in case someone
> wants to drive around when I heard it. That sound. The sound nobody
> wants to hear. The sound of tires on pavement starting to squeal as if
> though they are on the verge of locking up. I look up in my side
> mirror and sure enough... a white pickup truck is coming up on my ass
> FAST. I could tell he was having trouble controlling his truck. I
> didn't have time to think or do ANYTHING. Apparently he figured out
> that there was no way he was going to be able to stop in time so he let
> off of his brakes and at the last second he ran off the road on the
> right and passed me at about 50 mph. Came within about a foot of me,
> but it felt like a couple of inches. I could feel the blast of air
> from his truck as he passed me. Hair stood up on the back of my neck.
> Man, that will make you aware of your mortality in a hurry. Another
> car stopped behind me a few seconds later, southbound traffic cleared,
> and I was on my way. There was a woman sitting at the intersection in
> her van who had been waiting to turn southbound onto Six Forks who saw
> the whole thing. As I rode past her, she had a look on her face that
> said "Dude, you *almost* just got killed." Yeah, no kiddin'. Maybe I
> should get one of those strobing brake light thingies too. Me - 1.
> Death - 0. Y'all almost lost me today. :-)

Shag,
I have one of "those strobing thingies" on my 92 HD Heritage. Normal
operation is the lights/LED's will strobe clockwise and then
counter-clockwise. Hit the brakes and all the LED's light up and strobe.
A lot of people say that this is very noticible.
Try it, you'll like it!

El Paso Bob
71 1776 Std Baja
92 1340 HD Heritage

Old June 11th 05, 05:03 PM
Shag

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:54:10 GMT, The Joneses >
wrote:

>Shag,
>I have one of "those strobing thingies" on my 92 HD Heritage. Normal
>operation is the lights/LED's will strobe clockwise and then
>counter-clockwise. Hit the brakes and all the LED's light up and strobe.
>A lot of people say that this is very noticible.
>Try it, you'll like it!
>
>El Paso Bob
>71 1776 Std Baja
>92 1340 HD Heritage

The Yamaha dealer about 2 miles from my house is running a credit
check on me right now... If things go the way I think they will then
in a few hours I'll have a motorcycle that's so damn fast I'll be able
to outrun any accident. ;-) WOOT!!!

Old June 12th 05, 09:58 PM
tricky

MSF ?

Rich

HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] Technology 2 January 28th 05 03:44 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] VW water cooled 1 January 27th 05 12:42 PM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] VW water cooled 0 January 26th 05 03:37 AM
Good All Season Tires? Tavish Muldoon VW water cooled 6 October 1st 04 05:17 AM