96 saturn computer

Old February 23rd 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Rob[_3_]

Default 96 saturn computer

Hello,

I disconnected my battery and hence erased the computer codes. About a
1-1/2 wks later I went in for an inspection (NY) and the state's emissions
computer reported that the on board diagnostics were not reporting. How
long does it usually take before the computer starts to report the codes.
It will be two weeks this Saturday since the battery was unhooked and I
drive it to work everyday, 25miles round trip.

Regards,
Rob

Old February 23rd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman

The computer should still be recording any engine trouble codes, but shows
in its history that it was recently reset (when you disconnected power) so
this is probably why the state will not accept the "no errors reported"
results. I do not know how many ignition cycles are required before this
flag is removed. I'd guess 50-100.

Bob

Old February 23rd 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie

Look up 'Drive Cycle' for your vehicle. This has to complete before the car
is considered ready for emissions testing.

Oppie '01 lw300
(White Plains, NY)

computer donf Technology 0 March 12th 06 07:06 PM
OT -- I need Computer Help Jeff Strickland Jeep 41 December 6th 05 08:07 AM
Computer is down 2.3Sleeper Ford Mustang 0 March 13th 05 03:27 AM
Saturn is made on Saturn ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Saturn 1 October 31st 04 04:21 AM
from Saturn fan to Saturn Consultant The Espaz Saturn 1 May 18th 04 10:39 PM