temperature/collant light on randomly

Old February 20th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Brett[_2_]

Default temperature/collant light on randomly

I have a 99 SL2 with 60k miles. There is a single light for both
temperature and coolant level. A few months ago the light came on
shortly after starting the car. It went away after a few minutes. It
happened again and now happens whenever I drive the car, with the
light coming on randomly while driving.

The light is coming right after a cold start, and during driving, even
though the needle isn't even 1/4 way up. The temperature never gets
up to the halfway mark, even sitting in traffic. I notice that the
light sometimes stops blinking after a turn or after going up or down
a hill.

The car has been running without a problem hasn't been overheating,
and the coolant level is fine. Any idea what might be the cause and
if so how would I fix it????

The coolant appears to be the appropriate color as well.

Old February 21st 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman

Sounds like the coolant level may be low, or the coolant level sensor in the
recovery reservoir may be going bad.

ups.com...

Old February 22nd 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Brett[_2_]

Coolant level is fine. I was thinking it's the sensor but wasn't
sure. I no longer trust the saturn dealerships since I mysteriously
lost all of my oil awhile back with saturn being the last place to do
an oil change.

Old February 22nd 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman[_2_]

Replace it yourself then. Shouldn't be too bad ... .just remove the coolant
recovery tank.

ups.com...