car trouble

Old February 23rd 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
knebelg

Default car trouble

i have a 93 saturn 1.9 4cly it will not run when iyt cranks up idle starts
2000 drops to 400. when it does run when i put it in gearit shuters real bad
and cutsa off!! any ideas???

Old February 23rd 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article <6e3b21faab9f5@uwe>, "knebelg" <u31989@uwe> wrote:
>i have a 93 saturn 1.9 4cly it will not run when iyt cranks up idle starts
>2000 drops to 400. when it does run when i put it in gearit shuters real bad
>and cutsa off!! any ideas???

First thing I'd check is spark plugs and plug wires -- those are pretty
classic symptoms of a four-cylinder engine that has only three (or two)
cylinders firing.

There are other things that could cause that, too, but eliminate the simple
stuff first.

--
Regards,

Old February 23rd 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman[_2_]

If plugs (check gap and condition or replace), ignition wires (replace if
they are old), and coil towers (they can get corroded causing mis-firing)
check out OK, then remove the air induction duct to the throttle body and
clean the throttle body thoroughly with a good throttle body cleaner, old
toothbrush and soft rag.

Also if that does not help, then verify that all the fuel injectors are
firing properly. A can of good FI cleaner can help open the injectors and
improve delivery/vaporization.

Bob

.. .

Old February 24th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

Visit any Autozone store and have them read the codes - people here have
stated that they do it for no charge. My guess would be a sticking idle air
control solenoid in the throttle body. But don't start spending money and
replacing parts based on guesses, get the stored codes read first to see if
they tell you anything.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

car trouble andrea69au Technology 11 January 21st 06 07:59 AM
car trouble andrea69au Technology 0 January 20th 06 02:47 PM
Trouble "Big Trouble" AndrewLooby Alfa Romeo 6 June 23rd 05 10:33 PM
Rpm trouble john d via CarKB.com Technology 3 June 12th 05 12:57 PM
am i looking for trouble Dirty Ditch Dawg Jeep 23 February 4th 05 03:50 PM