Cherokee foglight and auxiliary lighting question

Old February 11th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jason Halsey

Default Cherokee foglight and auxiliary lighting question

Hi all,
Have an 01 Cherokee that i want to add foglights and auxiliary led
lights to. Opened up the dash and there is a pigtail to plug into the
stock foglight switch behind the blank in my switch bezel. Pigtail
seems ot have power as the back light to the switch comes on with the
headlights, but no power running through the switch,as the "on" light
doesnt come on. I assume this is because i dont have the necessary
relays for fogs installed. Found a source for a second switch and a
stock foglight wiring kit. My question is what is the easiest way to
wire the fogs and the supplemental lights. Should i wire the fogs using
the existing pigtail or use the entire kit to wire the fogs and use the
pigtail to wire the leds? or vice versa. The leds dont need a relay so
i was planning to wire those straight. Next question is what do the
wires in the pigtail go to? I know its probably power ground power to
load and a wire for the backlight to come on with the headlights but i
dont know which wire is which.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason
Old February 11th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Hi Jason,
Your Stealership sells at least the fog light's harness with
instructions for the stock installation, that will use relays inside your
Power Distribution box next to your battery. A typical auxiliary light wire
diagram: http://www.kchilites.com/faq/instruc...layDiagram.pdf
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 11th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I would use the low beam circuit to trigger the relays and just have the
lights come on automatically with the headlights. There are very few
occasions, around here, where I would not want them on full time.

You can use Bill's diagram but leave out that whole bit with the switch

But that is just me...

What is the purpose for the leds?

.. .

Old February 12th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kevin in Iowa

On Feb 10, 11:49 pm, Jason Halsey > wrote:
> Hi all,
> Have an 01 Cherokee that i want to add foglights and auxiliary led
> lights to. Opened up the dash and there is a pigtail to plug into the
> stock foglight switch behind the blank in my switch bezel. Pigtail
> seems ot have power as the back light to the switch comes on with the
> headlights, but no power running through the switch,as the "on" light
> doesnt come on. I assume this is because i dont have the necessary
> relays for fogs installed. Found a source for a second switch and a
> stock foglight wiring kit. My question is what is the easiest way to
> wire the fogs and the supplemental lights. Should i wire the fogs using
> the existing pigtail or use the entire kit to wire the fogs and use the
> pigtail to wire the leds? or vice versa. The leds dont need a relay so
> i was planning to wire those straight. Next question is what do the
> wires in the pigtail go to? I know its probably power ground power to
> load and a wire for the backlight to come on with the headlights but i
> dont know which wire is which.
> any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Jason

I bought my foglights and wiring on ebay from Jeepsareus, comes with
factory switch and wiring necessary to hook them up, but does not use
the factory pigtail that comes with the Jeep. Took me about 2 hours to
install the wiring.

Kevin in Iowa
99XJ

European Lighting Question Richard Chrysler 3 July 18th 06 02:23 AM
1998 Grand Cherokee, Dash Lighting Grounding Wire? [email protected] Jeep 0 June 28th 05 08:09 PM
00' A4 Foglight Tim in Portland Audi 0 May 28th 05 12:53 AM
Lighting question - different from most. [email protected] Driving 5 May 19th 05 04:21 PM
96 Mountaineer - rear hatch lighting question Joe Ford Explorer 2 May 10th 05 05:22 AM