Logitech G25: is it easily removable?

Old January 15th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default Logitech G25: is it easily removable?

As long as the pedal cable still reaches. It is VERY short.

-Larry

Old January 16th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:05:25 +1100, Mr Q
> wrote:

>While I love my G25, it is a PITA to setup and put away. Moving it to
>one side isn't possible for me as the pedal cables are just too short (I
>can't believe Logitech didn't get any feedback on this before release).
>I've found I do less racing now than I did with the old red Momo because
>of this.
>
>Of course, once it IS set up it's brilliant and it tends to stay setup
>for days at a time while I struggle to type around it.

Just unplug the usb and power cable, move the pedal unit to the left,
then you can move the wheel and shifter to the left..

Cheers
Andre
Old January 16th 07, 11:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr Q

Andre Warringa wrote:
> Just unplug the usb and power cable, move the pedal unit to the left,
> then you can move the wheel and shifter to the left..

I can't ... there's a wall to my left.

More seriously, it's the whole unplug everything to move it/replug it
all in to play it that's the PITA. I can't leave the pedals plugged in
as the cable goes through a hole at the back of the desk and only just
reaches (how much more expensive would another 50cm of cable have been?).

The old Momo wheel I'd just unclamp and stick under the desk - no
unplugging required. I can't do that with the G25 because of the number
of connections - I'd HAVE to unplug the pedals and the other three
cables would end up in a tangled mess all over the desk.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap it. It's just hard to believe there
was any real world product testing given the awkwardness of the setup.

Oh, and I'll second Larry's comments on the rounded desk edges. The
shifter is fine but the wheel doesn't clamp firmly on a rounded edge -
the clamps just don't go far enough back.

I guess it must be mod time ... or is the G26 due out soon?

--

Mr Q
-------------------
Old January 16th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Ah, someone who isn't surrounted by a desktop, two lcd's and three laptops
at the same time

-Larry

Old January 16th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:51:24 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>Ah, someone who isn't surrounted by a desktop, two lcd's and three laptops
>at the same time
>
>-Larry

3 monitors and a tv actually, that's why I don't want any more mess on
my desk

Cheers
Andre