01 xj cd changer location

Old July 16th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jason Halsey

Default 01 xj cd changer location

Hey all,
looking for ideas on where to mount a cd changer in an 01 cherokee.
Right now i'm thinking either under the drivers seat or under the rear
seat. anyone with a cherokee got a changer and use either of these
locations? any ideas or pics would be much appreciated.
thanks
jason
Old July 16th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Doug's site may give you a couple of ideas:
http://members.cox.net/wilsond/Jeepstereo.html
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 16th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jason Halsey

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I am looking for locations for a
cherokee. I guess the grand cherokee center console is alot bigger than
the cherokees, as there is no way that i can fit a changer in mine.
Anyone else got any ideas?
thanks

Old July 16th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Jason Halsey wrote:
> Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I am looking for locations for a
> cherokee. I guess the grand cherokee center console is alot bigger
> than the cherokees, as there is no way that i can fit a changer in
> mine. Anyone else got any ideas?
> thanks

modern changers are even smaller than the Pioneer I used.
Plus I had to modify the center console by increasing the height
by 2" and liberal use of a heatgun to expand the back a teeny bit.

There are multidisc in-dash players.

I'd suggest visiting a local stereo store that builds for
competition audio. Always a good source of ideas.

--
DougW

Old July 17th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jason Halsey

DougW wrote:
> Jason Halsey wrote:
>> Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I am looking for locations for a
>> cherokee. I guess the grand cherokee center console is alot bigger
>> than the cherokees, as there is no way that i can fit a changer in
>> mine. Anyone else got any ideas?
>> thanks

> modern changers are even smaller than the Pioneer I used.
> Plus I had to modify the center console by increasing the height
> by 2" and liberal use of a heatgun to expand the back a teeny bit.
>
> There are multidisc in-dash players.
>
> I'd suggest visiting a local stereo store that builds for
> competition audio. Always a good source of ideas.

THing is, i've already got a changer that has served me well for several
years. No sense spending more money on something i already have. It is
what i would consider a regular size cd changer. havent seen any that
were significantly smaller, much less small enough to fit in the
console. thought about the in dash route, but couldnt find one that i
liked that was din and a half. Pioneer seems to make a din and a half
unit, that seems to be pretty nice, and it wil connect to my premier
changer. Now i just need to find a place to mount the changer. Thanks
for the reply, Doug.
Jason
Old July 17th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
KByington

The factory changer is mounted in the indentation on the right side of
the interior just inside the tailgate.