GTL - StarForce Issues?

Old May 4th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL - StarForce Issues?

Mitch wrote:
> Im glad. GTL isn;t Nascar2003 on Ovals so Starforce did us all a favor not
> having to hear yet again how Larry feels NR2003 is "The Best" sim out and
> how ISI stuff "just doesnt feel right" to him.
>
> Thank god for Starforce <vbseg>.
>
> Mitch
>
> "Larry" > wrote in message
>> My choice is to not buy any game with StarForce in it. I actually
>> research it before buying.
>>
>> It's my decision. The publishers can care or not care that they lose a
>> customer.
>>
>> I WOULD have bought GTL by now if it weren't for StarForce.
>>
>> -Larry

you need help
Old May 7th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"Mitch" > wrote
> No hate involved. I give NR2003 it's full and deserved due. IMO it's
> time as a competitive SIM has long since past is all.

It just shows how badly the business of racing sim is doing, 4 years later
and sims are just nowadays able to top what Papyrus had given to us.

We've went from multi-billion dollars producers giving us quality sims with
licensing and all of the top tracks/cars/drivers/sponsors, to minuscule
groups of dedicated people who try their best to release something that can
be just "raced" on.

Let's see how many PC racing sims there will be at E3.

Zero is my bet.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old May 8th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

That's not quite what I said... But no matter.

-Larry

om...

Old May 17th 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Finally 'took the plunge' and installed GTL. Result - BSOD just like you
Tim, but also just like you when I patched the game (Version 1.1) it
disappeared.
Now to the game... FANTASTIC! Just as you guys (& gals) told me, things
have really moved on since GPL. Graphics are great. Control seems reasonably
realistic, but the AI isn't that bright.
My next question is... How do you people find time to play rFactor,
Richard Burns Rally, and GT Legends at the same time? So many great
games, so little time...

--

RocketMan
. uk...

Starforce again mike Simulators 0 January 11th 06 04:15 AM
Starforce Mike Beauchamp Simulators 1 October 17th 04 11:55 PM
FS-Automotive Industries --Several issues 1937 and 1938 Mike Petty Antique cars 0 July 14th 04 01:22 AM
Article: GPS Vehicle Tracking System Issues for the Buyer Johann Blake General 0 January 16th 04 11:42 AM