Audi A3 Sportback Interior Colour. Help!

Old August 20th 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Spunky

Default Audi A3 Sportback Interior Colour. Help!

After 6 months of humming and hawing I have finally taken the plunge
and purchased an A3 Sportback 2.0T FSI, which I will be taking delivery
of in January 2007 (We have a huge back log here).

Now the next big decision to make is the colour. I have decided on the
Moro Blue Pearlescent Exterior. I'm just not sure which interior goes
best with this. My initial thought was the Black interior, but I think
this makes the car look a little dull. I am quite keen on the Light
Grey Leather. Has anyone seen these colour combinations or have any
opinion on which interior colour would go best with Moro Blue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old August 21st 06, 04:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ross

"Spunky" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Now the next big decision to make is the colour. I have decided on the
> Moro Blue Pearlescent Exterior. I'm just not sure which interior goes
> best with this. My initial thought was the Black interior, but I think
> this makes the car look a little dull. I am quite keen on the Light
> Grey Leather. Has anyone seen these colour combinations or have any
> opinion on which interior colour would go best with Moro Blue?

Hi

I've got a TT Coupe in Mauritius Blue with grey leather, and think it looks
a lot better than black...but obviously that's just personal taste.

The grey does show the dirt though, especially the carpets!

Enjoy the car when it comes!

Regards
Ross

Old August 21st 06, 05:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Spunky

> I've got a TT Coupe in Mauritius Blue with grey leather, and think it looks
> a lot better than black...but obviously that's just personal taste.
>
> The grey does show the dirt though, especially the carpets!

Thanks Ross

I've done a complete 360 and decided to go Silver with Black interior.
Mainly because they are easier to maintain.

Regards
Brian

Old August 22nd 06, 09:46 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve in Herts

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:59:08 +0100, "Ross"
> wrote:

>"Spunky" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>> Now the next big decision to make is the colour. I have decided on the
>> Moro Blue Pearlescent Exterior. I'm just not sure which interior goes
>> best with this. My initial thought was the Black interior, but I think
>> this makes the car look a little dull. I am quite keen on the Light
>> Grey Leather. Has anyone seen these colour combinations or have any
>> opinion on which interior colour would go best with Moro Blue?

>Hi
>
>I've got a TT Coupe in Mauritius Blue with grey leather, and think it looks
>a lot better than black...but obviously that's just personal taste.
>
>The grey does show the dirt though, especially the carpets!
>
>Enjoy the car when it comes!
>
>Regards
>Ross

And in the A3 sportback I have with dark grey interior, it shows up
every animal hair which gets transferred from my home into the car
(have two cats who are permanently shedding hair). Sticky tape soon
gets that off though. The dark fabrics do hide dirt though on the
plus side.

Hope you have ordered a car with the 2.0T engine which is absolutely
fantastic for performance and gives great fuel consumption as well if
driven carefully. The 3.2 has better performance but drinks too much
fuel for my liking.

Steve
Old August 23rd 06, 05:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Spunky

I thought going with 2 easy colours to maintain (Silver out, Black in)
would be the best bet.

I would love to have gone with the 3.2 quattro, but it was just a bit
our of my price range. I have gone with the 2.0T, after test driving it
I didn't even bother with the standard 2.0.

Good to hear about the consumption, never know if you can believe the
manufacturers stats.

Brian

Old August 24th 06, 01:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Iain Munro

"Spunky" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> After 6 months of humming and hawing I have finally taken the plunge
> and purchased an A3 Sportback 2.0T FSI, which I will be taking delivery
> of in January 2007 (We have a huge back log here).
>
> Now the next big decision to make is the colour. I have decided on the
> Moro Blue Pearlescent Exterior. I'm just not sure which interior goes
> best with this. My initial thought was the Black interior, but I think
> this makes the car look a little dull. I am quite keen on the Light
> Grey Leather. Has anyone seen these colour combinations or have any
> opinion on which interior colour would go best with Moro Blue?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got an A3 in Mauritius Blue pearl with the ink blue/deep blue leather
seats which look great. The leather seats are a lot easier to clean. I also
opted for black headlining as grey can often show up dirt.

Iain

Old August 24th 06, 05:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Graham

Iain Munro wrote:
> "Spunky" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>After 6 months of humming and hawing I have finally taken the plunge
>>and purchased an A3 Sportback 2.0T FSI, which I will be taking delivery
>>of in January 2007 (We have a huge back log here).
>>
>>Now the next big decision to make is the colour. I have decided on the
>>Moro Blue Pearlescent Exterior. I'm just not sure which interior goes
>>best with this. My initial thought was the Black interior, but I think
>>this makes the car look a little dull. I am quite keen on the Light
>>Grey Leather. Has anyone seen these colour combinations or have any
>>opinion on which interior colour would go best with Moro Blue?
>>
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> I've got an A3 in Mauritius Blue pearl with the ink blue/deep blue leather
> seats which look great. The leather seats are a lot easier to clean. I also
> opted for black headlining as grey can often show up dirt.

I got a test drive of an A3 sportback with the two tone brown leather
which was really nice, except the one thing that irked me was that the
rear seats don't fold flat! Totally useless for me I'm afraid.
Something to consider if moving heavy objects is important.
Old August 27th 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Doug Warner

Graham > wrote:

>I got a test drive of an A3 sportback with the two tone brown leather
>which was really nice, except the one thing that irked me was that the
>rear seats don't fold flat! Totally useless for me I'm afraid.
>Something to consider if moving heavy objects is important.

If you heavy object moving is planned ahead, you can remove rear seat
bottom cushion fairly easily. Then the seats fold flat (In the 3.2,
anyway)

I'm looking at removing the rear seat parts entirely, and building a
shallow set of compartments where the botom was, and a folding panel
on the seatback's hinges. When latched in the up position, it will
keep small cargo in place in back, and when down, it will form a flat
floor, and lock closed to secure valuables in the compartments.

One could also install amps and/or speakers in this area..

BTW: A dark interior, tinted windows, and a few dark towels let you
keep expensive items on the front seat, covered, and they're nearly
invisible from the outside. Same for the cargo bay. (I don't use the
stock cover).
--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
Old August 27th 06, 01:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Graham

Doug Warner wrote:
> Graham > wrote:
>

>>I got a test drive of an A3 sportback with the two tone brown leather
>>which was really nice, except the one thing that irked me was that the
>>rear seats don't fold flat! Totally useless for me I'm afraid.
>>Something to consider if moving heavy objects is important.

> If you heavy object moving is planned ahead, you can remove rear seat
> bottom cushion fairly easily. Then the seats fold flat (In the 3.2,
> anyway)

Interesting. I wonder why they didn't keep with the old system of just
removing the rear head restraints and pulling the seat parts up and
forward.

Good to know though, thanks.