More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

Old April 5th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

Default More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

Thanks to jim beam and Curly, this page has been seriously revised with
lots more info:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/cranktool/index.html

Mant other things have been shuffled around as well, so when you go to the
Main Page, please hit Reload/Refresh to make sure all changes show.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html

I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
these things?

My ultimate aim is to make the Main Page just an index, with all data
opening up in new windows off that. This should reduce download times for
the Main Page.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 5th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

"TeGGeR®" > wrote
> I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody
> notifies me of
> these things?

Perhaps because there are things even more important than
broken links with which people have objections. Agreeing to
disagree is often the best way to go with you, along with a
lot of patience (or just ignoring you) when you go into the
mode, "My way is the best way. I can't prove it. But it is."

Thus my silence on your latest page.

Old April 5th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

"Elle" > wrote in message
link.net...

> Perhaps because there are things even more important than broken links
> with which people have objections. Agreeing to disagree is often the best
> way to go with you, along with a lot of patience (or just ignoring you)
> when you go into the mode, "My way is the best way. I can't prove it. But
> it is."
>
> Thus my silence on your latest page.

Boy, you must have rolled out and hit your head on the wrong side of the bed
today!

Old April 5th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

TeGGeR® wrote:
> I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
> these things?

There's free tools that can scan your site for broken links. You should
look into those. I haven't used one before, so I can't recommend one.

Old April 6th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

"Bucky" > wrote in
ups.com:

> TeGGeR® wrote:
>> I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
>> these things?

> There's free tools that can scan your site for broken links. You should
> look into those. I haven't used one before, so I can't recommend one.

I never thought of that, so thanks for the tip.

I just Googled and quite a number of these utilities come up. They're also
called "link checkers". I see most of them want you to pay for them, so
some sleuthing will be necessary before I find a freeware version.

Old April 6th 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

TeGGeR® wrote:
> I just Googled and quite a number of these utilities come up. They're also
> called "link checkers". I see most of them want you to pay for them, so
> some sleuthing will be necessary before I find a freeware version.

Yeah, probably the online services will charge fees, since those will
use their servers and resources. I'm referring to software that you
install on your own computer (it doesn't even have to be on the web
server). You should be able to find plenty of free ones of these.

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
http://tucows.com/Windows/Developmen...ng/Validators/

Old April 6th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

That was quite diplomatically stated. I'll take any good info I can
get, however, and appreciate the efforts. Like everything Internet,
it's the reader's job to decide if it is "good info."

Old April 6th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

> wrote
> I'll take any good info I can
> get, however, and appreciate the efforts. Like everything
> Internet,
> it's the reader's job to decide if it is "good info."

Right. Plus, AFAIC Tegger's FAQ site does overwhelming good.

Old April 7th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

Bucky wrote:
> TeGGeR® wrote:
>
>>I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
>>these things?

> There's free tools that can scan your site for broken links. You should
> look into those. I haven't used one before, so I can't recommend one.

I still say a Wiki backend would make this all easier... yes yes, I know
the argument about anyone-can-edit-it... that's why you use one that
allows only the administrator or specified contributors to edit it,
and/or requires the admin to approve updates.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0614-3, 04/07/2006
Tested on: 4/7/2006 10:40:16 AM

Old April 7th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura

Boy, Who ****ed in your Cornflakes today?

link.net...