'06 Vue Mute Button (Onstar)

Old February 13th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default '06 Vue Mute Button (Onstar)

OK, I know the subject line is kind of vague, but I was wondering for anyone
who has a 06 Vue and that uses the Onstar phone can kind of fill me in.....

According to the manual, after I dial a number, I should be able to hold the
mute button on the steering wheel to have the Onstar system interrupt the
call and ask for additional digits. (In other words, this is for navigating
through a computerized voice mail system where you would normally press "1"
for voice mail and such). The manual and the Onstar guy both say I should
be able to hold the mute button down and say the verbal "pound - 1" and
such. Anyone else have any luck? I don't use it that much, but find it
rather handy if I have to make a phone call while driving, as I have a
five-speed. Anyway, I was trying to navigate through my company's phone
system this morning, as I was running a little late due to the nor'easter we
got here in NY...

Nothing that important, but if someone knows something - I'm just
curious....

Scott

Old February 14th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

I dont carry my book at home, but have you tried pressing the blue onstar
button and asking a consultant? They may be able to clarify this for you.

marx404

Old February 16th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Yea I did - I stated that in my original post that the Onstar guy said it
should work if I have a steering wheel control with a mute button....

Oh well - Like I said, no big deal - Just wondering....

Thanks,

Scott

Old February 18th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

sorry, I missed that, my bad. I will try and ask someone when I get the
chance.
marx404