Go Ahead, Try to Justify This Pedalcyclist Behavior

Old April 6th 05, 05:37 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Default Go Ahead, Try to Justify This Pedalcyclist Behavior

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> The scene: a six-lane, 65 MPH SoCal street. There are WIDE bike lanes
> on both sides - wide enough for a car to drive in. In the bike lane
> are two pedalcyclists riding, not single-file, but SIDE-BY-SIDE, one
> fully within the lane, and the other on the left side of the white
> stripe in the rightmost traffic lane.
>
> No, there was no debris in the bike lane (otherwise the other
> pedalcyclist wouldn't be in it).
>
> No, this was not a pedalcyclist "taking the lane for safety."
>
> So what possible reason could these Darwin Award nominees have had

for
> endangering themselves as well as everyone else by riding two-abreast
> on a 65 MPH road?

Is that all you've got to worry about?

Old April 6th 05, 07:10 AM
The Real Bev

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> The scene: a six-lane, 65 MPH SoCal street.

There are 65 MPH non-freeway streets in SoCal? Damn! Where?

> There are WIDE bike lanes
> on both sides - wide enough for a car to drive in. In the bike lane
> are two pedalcyclists riding, not single-file, but SIDE-BY-SIDE, one
> fully within the lane, and the other on the left side of the white
> stripe in the rightmost traffic lane.
>
> No, there was no debris in the bike lane (otherwise the other
> pedalcyclist wouldn't be in it).

You can't guarantee that there won't be broken glass up ahead, and you
probably can't see all the crap in the bike lane (including goatheads), but
I'm pretty sure there is no practical reason for what you observed.

> No, this was not a pedalcyclist "taking the lane for safety."
>
> So what possible reason could these Darwin Award nominees have had for
> endangering themselves as well as everyone else by riding two-abreast
> on a 65 MPH road?

The same reason that young hoodlums cross streets in front of waiting cars at
speeds measured in inches per second.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
Old April 6th 05, 11:28 AM
John David Galt

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> The scene: a six-lane, 65 MPH SoCal street. There are WIDE bike lanes
> on both sides - wide enough for a car to drive in. In the bike lane
> are two pedalcyclists riding, not single-file, but SIDE-BY-SIDE, one
> fully within the lane, and the other on the left side of the white
> stripe in the rightmost traffic lane.
>
> No, there was no debris in the bike lane (otherwise the other
> pedalcyclist wouldn't be in it).
>
> No, this was not a pedalcyclist "taking the lane for safety."
>
> So what possible reason could these Darwin Award nominees have had for
> endangering themselves as well as everyone else by riding two-abreast
> on a 65 MPH road?

Hatred of drivers. Too bad this isn't included in the current PC
definition of "hate crime".
Old April 6th 05, 01:12 PM
Paul

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:25:50 -0700, Scott en Aztl=E1n said the following in=
=20
rec.autos.driving...=20

> So what possible reason could these Darwin Award nominees have had for
> endangering themselves as well as everyone else by riding two-abreast
> on a 65 MPH road?

Four letters: MFFY.
Old April 9th 05, 07:05 PM
Nearly Normal Jimmy

In article >, Scott en
Aztlán > wrote:

> The scene: a six-lane, 65 MPH SoCal street.

i was born and grew up in LA. Can you tell me what street in LA has a
65 MPH limit?

--
"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're
looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we