'02 L200 just laid down on the highway

Old December 10th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
S. Barker

Default '02 L200 just laid down on the highway

70 mph, speed control on, just laid down like you turned the key off.
Wouldn't restart. Cranks ok.

any ideas before the dealer tows it in tomorrow morning?

thanks

steve barker

Old December 10th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

Out of gas?

Old December 10th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, "S. Barker" > wrote:
>70 mph, speed control on, just laid down like you turned the key off.
>Wouldn't restart. Cranks ok.
>
>any ideas before the dealer tows it in tomorrow morning?

"Just like you turned the key off" sounds like an electrical problem of some
sort. This could include fuel injection, but I'm more inclined to think
ignition.

Other fuel delivery problems, such as a failed pump or ruptured fuel line,
would produce symptoms similar to running out of gas, not an abrupt shutdown.

--
Regards,

Old December 10th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_6_]

My '01 Lw300 needed a crank angle sensor. You won't get a fuel pump trigger
(and no fuel pressure) if there is no crank sensor output. A scan tool will
quickly diagnose this by no engine RPM detected on cranking. Fuel pump will
come on at key on for a half second and will show some pressure on a
diagnostic gauge attached to the test port. When cranking, if all else is
good, the fuel pressure should increase a bit more (you can do a fuel flow
test too if you have the tools to see if the pump is being properly
triggered).

Old December 11th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
S. Barker

Good, good, and bad.....

Ignition module bad. covered by warranty. Good
Tow in covered by warranty. Good
Windshield busted out by vandals whilst car sat on the highway overnite.
not covered by anything but my pocket. $172. Bad.

steve

Old December 12th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
S. Barker

my extended coverage covered the tow.

new news though;

the module was a misdiagnosis. the timing chain is broke.

Old December 12th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_6_]

Yikes! How much damage was done to the motor and will your insurance cover
it?

Old December 12th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article <_MS7j.3483$W27.3058@trndny09>, "Oppie" > wrote:
[top posting corrected]

>"S. Barker" > wrote in message
m...
>> my extended coverage covered the tow.
>>
>> new news though;
>>
>> the module was a misdiagnosis. the timing chain is broke.

>Yikes! How much damage was done to the motor and will your insurance cover
>it?

If you know of any standard auto insurance policies that *do* cover mechanical
failure, please let all the rest of know right away.

--
Regards,

Old December 12th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
S. Barker

haven't got it moved from the gmc dealer to the saturn dealer yet. Yes, my
extended policy covers the engine. Will update in a few days.

Old December 12th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
S. Barker

yes, my extended policy covers the engine including timing belt/chain.
There's not much on the list it doesn't cover except normal wear items like
brakes and belts.

"Doug Miller" > wrote in message
t...
> In article <_MS7j.3483$W27.3058@trndny09>, "Oppie" >