# 1 motor oil choice

Old March 11th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default # 1 motor oil choice

for the concerned motor oil users.

havoline gets my vote.

m h o
*v ƒe

Old March 11th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> for the concerned motor oil users.
>
> havoline gets my vote.

> m h o
> *v ƒe

My choice is Wal-Mart generic full synthetic.
Great stuff. Cheap, too.
Old March 11th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> for the concerned motor oil users.
>
> havoline gets my vote.
>
> m h o
> v ƒe

Based on????

Old March 12th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

> wrote in message
for the concerned motor oil users.

havoline gets my vote.

m h o
v fe

Out of curiosity, how did you come to this decision?

I have used Havoline and like it well enough.

I used to use Quaker State, but found that it had begun to cause deposits
and varnish as badly as Pennzoil. (Fancy that!)

I switched to Castrol and so far have no varnish complaints.

I haven't seen any real data on any of them.

Old March 13th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

In article >, "
says...

>My choice is Wal-Mart generic full synthetic.
>Great stuff. Cheap, too.

How much does it cost? There are no walmarts near me, but if the price is
right, I will drive out to find one.
--------------
Alex

Old March 13th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

havoline gets my vote.

>Out of curiosity,
>how did you come to this decision?

glad you asked. you have to trust someone, and having grown up across
the road from gulf and texaco refineries - you learn to trust the man
that wears the star.:--)

present day havoline motor oil 10w30 displays the servicio api sm, sl
ilsac gf-4 designation on the label.

I haven't knowingly ever had any trouble with any oil that I have ever
used, I attribute this factor to the use of quality oils / filters that
were used - as directed.

"happy motoring"

m h o
*v ƒe

330i wrong tyre choice Chap BMW 12 February 8th 05 10:50 PM
Mustang or Magnum R/T Hemi--Easy Choice Dave Combs Ford Mustang 9 November 24th 04 05:57 PM
!!HELP GAMERS CHOICE Dave Mazda 0 September 2nd 04 11:49 PM
Would a Jeep be your choice ? rnf2 4x4 12 February 9th 04 03:55 PM