Need Help with P0430 trouble code. (Catalytic converter)

Old April 29th 11, 12:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve Austin[_2_]

Default Need Help with P0430 trouble code. (Catalytic converter)

On 4/28/2011 10:29 AM, stryped wrote:
> On Apr 28, 7:08 am, Steve > wrote:

>>> Is there a way to bypass the converters and somehow fool the sensor
>>> into working properly? Autozone has a "universal" converter for 73
>>> bucks for one. I'd rather just do away with them if i could still get
>>> the light to go off and for it to run properly.

>>> By the way when it talks about "bank 2" for the code, which converter
>>> is that on my 1996 350 silverado?

>>> I appreciate it!

>> Passenger side- Hide quoted text -

> Ok. I will check the o2 after the cat on the passanger side.
>
> One question, if the o2 sensor after the cat just looks for oxygen,
> what would happen if you left a good o2 sensor plugged in but took it
> out of the exhaust pipe into free air? Looks like it would read more
> oxygen.
>
> It seems I read somewhere about replacing the cat with a straight pipe
> and welding in a spark plug non fouler to "lift" the o2 sensor out of
> the exhaust stream a little bit

Different makes check the cat operation a different ways. What works on
Ford might not work on Chevy, etc.

catalytic converter loub Honda 3 September 6th 06 01:22 AM
Catalytic Converter Gary[_3_] Mazda 4 August 31st 06 06:32 AM
Failing catalytic converter code jbourgeois Honda 6 August 5th 05 07:01 PM
Is it for sure the Catalytic Converter? G-Ram VW water cooled 26 July 16th 05 06:18 AM
Went for inspection, failed because "Catalytic converter not READY" code is coming Santa Honda 12 November 20th 04 07:22 PM