What's the single best thing to do to a 2.3....

Old July 4th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich

Default What's the single best thing to do to a 2.3....

who's driver wants a bit more power, and the torque band moved down to
around 3Gs so I can use it on the highway?
Old July 4th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Trade it i for a V8....

Old July 4th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

Check out a SVO newsgroup or website.You can make a 2.3L with well over
300-400hp! Benefits are insurance, lighter, and gas. Oh and not to mention
whooping SOME 8 cylinders and the gratification you can get from it.

Old July 6th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

I've seen some very strong 2.3s in the past.... unfortunately, the
crankshafts aren't built to take that kind of torque/HP and reliability
suffers. Additionally, reaping that kind of power can be spendy and turn a
car into something that get's worked on more than it gets driven....

I'm an old timey kinda guy - even at todays gasoline prices, there is no
replacement for displacement.

Old July 20th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

elaich wrote:
> who's driver wants a bit more power, and the torque band moved down to
> around 3Gs so I can use it on the highway?

I know you want to know 1 single thing, but, I did a cam change, Offy
intake and a header. This resulted in a engine that would rev nicely
with good power and still got me 25mpg with a 3spd auto.