Mazda 3 and Mazda Canada

Old July 29th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BQ

Default Mazda 3 and Mazda Canada

While I love my one-month old Mazda 3, I detest Mazda Canada. After 2 1/2
weeks of owning my M3, I noticed a ticking noise when I pressed on the gas
pedal. Took it in for a check, 1 1/2 weeks later - it had become worse, and
am told I need a new engine in my M3. Unbelievable after one month. Mazda
Canada now has a prolonged backorder on the engine and I am stuck in a
rental vehicle. I bloody detest Mazda Canada - they should put me in a new
M3.

Old July 29th 10, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"BQ" > wrote:

> While I love my one-month old Mazda 3, I detest Mazda Canada.
> After 2 1/2 weeks of owning my M3, I noticed a ticking noise when
> I pressed on the gas pedal. Took it in for a check, 1 1/2 weeks
> later - it had become worse, and am told I need a new engine in my
> M3. Unbelievable after one month. Mazda Canada now has a
> prolonged backorder on the engine and I am stuck in a rental
> vehicle. I bloody detest Mazda Canada - they should put me in a
> new M3.

They're fixing it and you have a vehicle to use while they're doing so,
seems to me it could be MUCH worse.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old July 29th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BQ

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "BQ" > wrote:
>
>> While I love my one-month old Mazda 3, I detest Mazda Canada.
>> After 2 1/2 weeks of owning my M3, I noticed a ticking noise when
>> I pressed on the gas pedal. Took it in for a check, 1 1/2 weeks
>> later - it had become worse, and am told I need a new engine in my
>> M3. Unbelievable after one month. Mazda Canada now has a
>> prolonged backorder on the engine and I am stuck in a rental
>> vehicle. I bloody detest Mazda Canada - they should put me in a
>> new M3.

> They're fixing it and you have a vehicle to use while they're doing so,
> seems to me it could be MUCH worse.

It will be 6 weeks before I get my car back, and that according to the
Service Manager is optimistic as the engine is on back order. I am making
payments for a vehicle I don't have. I suppose it could be much worse, but
at any rate, it is unfair and Mazda Canada needs to step up to the plate and
rectify this. Do you know what they gave me for a rental vehicle - a Kia
Rio - couldn't get much worse. I'm sorry but as a paying customer I deserve
much better as do any other people that have this issue.

Old July 30th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"BQ" > wrote in message

> "XS11E" > wrote in message
>> "BQ" > wrote:
>>
>>> While I love my one-month old Mazda 3, I detest Mazda Canada.
>>> After 2 1/2 weeks of owning my M3, I noticed a ticking noise when
>>> I pressed on the gas pedal. Took it in for a check, 1 1/2 weeks
>>> later - it had become worse, and am told I need a new engine in my
>>> M3. Unbelievable after one month. Mazda Canada now has a
>>> prolonged backorder on the engine and I am stuck in a rental
>>> vehicle. I bloody detest Mazda Canada - they should put me in a
>>> new M3.

>> They're fixing it and you have a vehicle to use while they're doing so,
>> seems to me it could be MUCH worse.

> It will be 6 weeks before I get my car back, and that according to the
> Service Manager is optimistic as the engine is on back order. I am making
> payments for a vehicle I don't have. I suppose it could be much worse,
> but at any rate, it is unfair and Mazda Canada needs to step up to the
> plate and rectify this. Do you know what they gave me for a rental
> vehicle - a Kia Rio - couldn't get much worse. I'm sorry but as a paying
> customer I deserve much better as do any other people that have this
> issue.
>>
>> --
>> XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
>> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

First off don't refer to a Mazda 3 as an M3! While the Mazda is a totally
repectable car in it's own right, you just don't hijack an industry icon to
save typing a couple letters ;-)
NOW.... I agree with XS11E, things could be much worse, iirc Mazda never did
take care of the 99 #4 thrust bearing failure victims, did they?

But, in your defense, you're right, they should put you in a Mazda 3 or give
you a new car, the KIA is adding embarrasement to injury and insult! Go and
make your demand, write a few letters and see what you can do. If that
doesn't work, come back here and to miata.net and run a letter writing
campaign in support of you getting proper service!

Go for it!
Chris
99BBB

Old July 30th 10, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BQ

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message

> "BQ" > wrote in message

>>> They're fixing it and you have a vehicle to use while they're doing so,
>>> seems to me it could be MUCH worse.

>> It will be 6 weeks before I get my car back, and that according to the
>> Service Manager is optimistic as the engine is on back order. I am
>> making payments for a vehicle I don't have. I suppose it could be much
>> worse, but at any rate, it is unfair and Mazda Canada needs to step up to
>> the plate and rectify this. Do you know what they gave me for a rental
>> vehicle - a Kia Rio - couldn't get much worse. I'm sorry but as a paying
>> customer I deserve much better as do any other people that have this
>> issue.
>>>
>>> --
>>> XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups
>>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
>>> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

> First off don't refer to a Mazda 3 as an M3! While the Mazda is a totally
> repectable car in it's own right, you just don't hijack an industry icon
> to save typing a couple letters ;-)
> NOW.... I agree with XS11E, things could be much worse, iirc Mazda never
> did take care of the 99 #4 thrust bearing failure victims, did they?
>
> But, in your defense, you're right, they should put you in a Mazda 3 or
> give you a new car, the KIA is adding embarrasement to injury and insult!
> Go and make your demand, write a few letters and see what you can do. If
> that doesn't work, come back here and to miata.net and run a letter
> writing campaign in support of you getting proper service!

Dealership called today and they are putting me in a new Mazda 3
permanently. They will deal with Mazda Canada from here on out. My point
in my original post was that I had the car 30 days, and by the time I would
have it back, and that was an optimistic time frame from the companies, the
dealership would have had my car longer than I had - something is seriously
wrong with that. At any rate, I still say Mazda Canada sucks, but my
dealership Rocks!

Old July 30th 10, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_3_]

On 2010-07-29 7:02 PM, BQ wrote:

> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message

>>> It will be 6 weeks before I get my car back, and that according to
>>> the Service Manager is optimistic as the engine is on back order. I
>>> am making payments for a vehicle I don't have. I suppose it could be
>>> much worse, but at any rate, it is unfair and Mazda Canada needs to
>>> step up to the plate and rectify this. Do you know what they gave me
>>> for a rental vehicle - a Kia Rio - couldn't get much worse. I'm sorry
>>> but as a paying customer I deserve much better as do any other people
>>> that have this issue.

>> First off don't refer to a Mazda 3 as an M3! While the Mazda is a
>> totally repectable car in it's own right, you just don't hijack an
>> industry icon to save typing a couple letters ;-)
>> NOW.... I agree with XS11E, things could be much worse, iirc Mazda
>> never did take care of the 99 #4 thrust bearing failure victims, did
>> they?
>>
>> But, in your defense, you're right, they should put you in a Mazda 3
>> or give you a new car, the KIA is adding embarrasement to injury and
>> insult! Go and make your demand, write a few letters and see what you
>> can do. If that doesn't work, come back here and to miata.net and run
>> a letter writing campaign in support of you getting proper service!
>>

> Dealership called today and they are putting me in a new Mazda 3
> permanently. They will deal with Mazda Canada from here on out. My point
> in my original post was that I had the car 30 days, and by the time I
> would have it back, and that was an optimistic time frame from the
> companies, the dealership would have had my car longer than I had -
> something is seriously wrong with that. At any rate, I still say Mazda
> Canada sucks, but my dealership Rocks!

Out of curiosity, which dealership and where in Canada?
It sounds like one I would want to deal with!

Stuart H.
Near Edmonton
Old July 31st 10, 01:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BQ

"Stuart H." > wrote in message
> On 2010-07-29 7:02 PM, BQ wrote:

>>> First off don't refer to a Mazda 3 as an M3! While the Mazda is a
>>> totally repectable car in it's own right, you just don't hijack an
>>> industry icon to save typing a couple letters ;-)
>>> NOW.... I agree with XS11E, things could be much worse, iirc Mazda
>>> never did take care of the 99 #4 thrust bearing failure victims, did
>>> they?
>>>
>>> But, in your defense, you're right, they should put you in a Mazda 3
>>> or give you a new car, the KIA is adding embarrasement to injury and
>>> insult! Go and make your demand, write a few letters and see what you
>>> can do. If that doesn't work, come back here and to miata.net and run
>>> a letter writing campaign in support of you getting proper service!
>>>

>> Dealership called today and they are putting me in a new Mazda 3
>> permanently. They will deal with Mazda Canada from here on out. My point
>> in my original post was that I had the car 30 days, and by the time I
>> would have it back, and that was an optimistic time frame from the
>> companies, the dealership would have had my car longer than I had -
>> something is seriously wrong with that. At any rate, I still say Mazda
>> Canada sucks, but my dealership Rocks!
>>

> Out of curiosity, which dealership and where in Canada?
> It sounds like one I would want to deal with!

Harris Mazda in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island - they are absolutely
fantastic.

Old August 2nd 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"BQ" > wrote in message

>> Out of curiosity, which dealership and where in Canada?
>> It sounds like one I would want to deal with!
>>

> Harris Mazda in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island - they are absolutely
> fantastic.

That's good to hear!

Chris
99BBB

Mazda Parts for a Mazda 1000 Coupe 1968 Model MPA Series SB Mazda 1 August 1st 12 09:52 AM
Mazda Miata NA SportCar Lover Driving 0 January 21st 07 12:49 PM
Mazda RX-8 Stoneman Driving 2 March 25th 06 06:40 PM
any lease return experience with Mazda in Canada? [email protected] Mazda 1 February 3rd 05 06:30 PM
mazda mx5 sylvester Mazda 0 September 1st 04 09:53 PM