valve body bolts torque

Old September 13th 05, 04:56 PM
D. Gignac

Default valve body bolts torque

I, anybody know the upper valve body bolts torue and tansmission cover bolts
torque?

tanks
Denis

Old September 14th 05, 01:28 PM

valve body cover bolts 7.4 ft/lbs
valve body to case 8.1 ft/lbs
transaxle case to converter housing LONG bolts 21 ft/lbs
"" "" SHORT bolts 18
ft/lbs
transaxle connector bolt 27 INCH LBS
transaxle electrical connector bolt 27 INCH LBS

this was from alldata.. for a 97 sl2 hope this give a little help. I
would just sign up at alldata.com for your car.. it's only $25 for the
year and has a wealth of info.

Old September 15th 05, 08:40 PM
blah blah

> > Assuming you guessed the right car, what is the order you torque the
> > bolts in so you dont distort or bind up the valve body?
> >
> > Btw one should also mention to use a smooth motion on the torque wrench
> > and not jerk on it. Also after you finish torquing the last bolt in the
> > sequence you should return to the first bolt and begin torquing again.

> Very good points. I didn't include the info for I really feel that he
> should get the manual or subscribe to alldata which gives all that
> info.. but I was in a hurry to get to work so I failed to include that
> in my message.

I know what you mean.