National ID legislation - December Session of Congress

Old December 5th 04, 10:43 AM
Bernard Farquart

Default National ID legislation - December Session of Congress

"Dave Head" > wrote in message

> Or maybe vote in the democrats who want to collect up all your guns and
> make
> you completely helpess before some future totalitarians (10 yrs from now,
> 50
> years from now, or tomorrow) that want to enslave the American people?

Why do people persist in thinking this? I remember a Democrat who
was president for eight years in a row, not too long ago, and I managed to
buy as many guns as I wanted during his presidency. Unless you are a felon
or have been judged to be mentally incompetent (am I warm?) you could too.

Where is the "jack booted thug"? It looks more like he would
be at home in the current admin. than the last one. Do you remember
who the "Brady bill" was named after? Did that person work for a
Democrat or Republican Admin.?

What is with this disinformation regarding "taking away your guns"?

I have plenty of guns, and consider myself to be pretty blue.

(politically, I am not depressed)<g>

Bernard

Old December 5th 04, 04:06 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 09:43:22 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Or maybe vote in the democrats who want to collect up all your guns and
>> make
>> you completely helpess before some future totalitarians (10 yrs from now,
>> 50
>> years from now, or tomorrow) that want to enslave the American people?

>Why do people persist in thinking this? I remember a Democrat who
>was president for eight years in a row, not too long ago, and I managed to
>buy as many guns as I wanted during his presidency. Unless you are a felon
>or have been judged to be mentally incompetent (am I warm?) you could too.

While that Democrat was president, I could NOT purchase as many
different types of guns as I can now, under a Republican president.

>Where is the "jack booted thug"? It looks more like he would
>be at home in the current admin. than the last one. Do you remember
>who the "Brady bill" was named after? Did that person work for a
>Democrat or Republican Admin.?

Who he was/is married to was far more influential than who he worked
for.

>What is with this disinformation regarding "taking away your guns"?

Look at every legislator who wants to limit your gun rights; they are
all Democrats.

>I have plenty of guns, and consider myself to be pretty blue.

Consider who wants to change that.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 5th 04, 06:49 PM
Bernard Farquart

"Big Bill" > wrote in message

> While that Democrat was president, I could NOT purchase as many
> different types of guns as I can now, under a Republican president.

Are you sure? what exactly do you think happened to all those
guns? Were they thrown out? You just couldn't buy a *new*
one for awhile, but you certainly could still buy them. or you could buy the
new version without the flash supressor, or with an attached
magazine.

>>Where is the "jack booted thug"? It looks more like he would
>>be at home in the current admin. than the last one. Do you remember
>>who the "Brady bill" was named after? Did that person work for a
>>Democrat or Republican Admin.?

> Who he was/is married to was far more influential than who he worked
> for.
>>
>>What is with this disinformation regarding "taking away your guns"?

> Look at every legislator who wants to limit your gun rights; they are
> all Democrats.

The only laws being passed that have any real bearing
on your gun rights are the local/state ones. I live in
a "shall issue" state with regards to CW permits, so
I don't really feel to threatened. If I lived in NY I
would only be talking about gun rights in a historical
theoretical way.

>>I have plenty of guns, and consider myself to be pretty blue.

> Consider who wants to change that.

No one in my state has been tring to
do so, and we have not seen a Republican
govenor in twenty years, I object to the
"democrats want to take your guns away"
BS I keep hearing. I am one. I don't want
to take your guns away, get it?

If some Republicans want to ban teaching
evolution, it is still an unfair statment to say
they all do.

Bernard

Old December 5th 04, 06:59 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:49:17 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>"Big Bill" > wrote in message
.. .

>> While that Democrat was president, I could NOT purchase as many
>> different types of guns as I can now, under a Republican president.
>>>

>Are you sure? what exactly do you think happened to all those
>guns? Were they thrown out? You just couldn't buy a *new*
>one for awhile, but you certainly could still buy them. or you could buy the
>new version without the flash supressor, or with an attached
>magazine.

And if I don't want to buy used?
And if I wanted the one with a flash suppressor and removable
magazine?
Or bayonet lug?
Are you actually trying to say the so-called assault weapon ban wasn't
there?

>>>Where is the "jack booted thug"? It looks more like he would
>>>be at home in the current admin. than the last one. Do you remember
>>>who the "Brady bill" was named after? Did that person work for a
>>>Democrat or Republican Admin.?

>> Who he was/is married to was far more influential than who he worked
>> for.
>>>
>>>What is with this disinformation regarding "taking away your guns"?

>> Look at every legislator who wants to limit your gun rights; they are
>> all Democrats.
>>>

>The only laws being passed that have any real bearing
>on your gun rights are the local/state ones. I live in
>a "shall issue" state with regards to CW permits, so
>I don't really feel to threatened. If I lived in NY I
>would only be talking about gun rights in a historical
>theoretical way.

See the so-called assault weapon ban.
As for not feeling threatened, it's obvious you need to thank a lot of
people who *do* see their rights threatened.

>>>I have plenty of guns, and consider myself to be pretty blue.

>> Consider who wants to change that.
>>>

>No one in my state has been tring to
>do so, and we have not seen a Republican
>govenor in twenty years, I object to the
>"democrats want to take your guns away"
>BS I keep hearing. I am one. I don't want
>to take your guns away, get it?

Thank you.
Now, if you could talk to Schumer (he's from New York, ISTR) and get
him to stop his attempts to end your rights, I'd appreciate it.

>If some Republicans want to ban teaching
>evolution, it is still an unfair statment to say
>they all do.

The vast majority of gun grabbers (attempted or actual) are Dems.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 5th 04, 10:09 PM
Arthur L. Rubin

Bernard Farquart wrote:

> "Dave Head" > wrote in message
> >
> > Or maybe vote in the democrats who want to collect up all your guns and
> > make
> > you completely helpess before some future totalitarians (10 yrs from now,
> > 50
> > years from now, or tomorrow) that want to enslave the American people?

> Why do people persist in thinking this? I remember a Democrat who
> was president for eight years in a row, not too long ago, and I managed to
> buy as many guns as I wanted during his presidency. Unless you are a felon
> or have been judged to be mentally incompetent (am I warm?) you could too.

Or have been accused of domestic violence. (That's ACCUSED, not
CONVICTED.)

--
This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me
Old December 5th 04, 10:09 PM
Arthur L. Rubin

Old December 6th 04, 08:28 AM
Bernard Farquart

"Big Bill" > wrote in message
>>Are you sure? what exactly do you think happened to all those
>>guns? Were they thrown out? You just couldn't buy a *new*
>>one for awhile, but you certainly could still buy them. or you could buy
>>the
>>new version without the flash supressor, or with an attached
>>magazine.

> And if I don't want to buy used?
> And if I wanted the one with a flash suppressor and removable
> magazine?
> Or bayonet lug?
> Are you actually trying to say the so-called assault weapon ban wasn't
> there?

Nope, just didn't really stop anything from being sold or purchased.
You could still go buy an UZI, they just weren't being imported.

I am saying it had very little real effect, and was not a very big
deal.

It was all *marketing* (on both sides)

>>The only laws being passed that have any real bearing
>>on your gun rights are the local/state ones. I live in
>>a "shall issue" state with regards to CW permits, so
>>I don't really feel to threatened. If I lived in NY I
>>would only be talking about gun rights in a historical
>>theoretical way.

> See the so-called assault weapon ban.
> As for not feeling threatened, it's obvious you need to thank a lot of
> people who *do* see their rights threatened.

>>> Consider who wants to change that.
>>>>

>>No one in my state has been tring to
>>do so, and we have not seen a Republican
>>govenor in twenty years, I object to the
>>"democrats want to take your guns away"
>>BS I keep hearing. I am one. I don't want
>>to take your guns away, get it?

> Thank you.
> Now, if you could talk to Schumer (he's from New York, ISTR) and get
> him to stop his attempts to end your rights, I'd appreciate it.

Is he going to actually take your guns away?

Is he going to change the state constitution in WA?

I doubt either.

..

> The vast majority of gun grabbers (attempted or actual) are Dems.

I do not see any running and winning on a gun control agenda,
who am I missing?

Old December 6th 04, 08:28 AM
Bernard Farquart

Old December 6th 04, 04:10 PM
Dave Head

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:28:10 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>"Big Bill" > wrote in message
.. .
>>>Are you sure? what exactly do you think happened to all those
>>>guns? Were they thrown out? You just couldn't buy a *new*
>>>one for awhile, but you certainly could still buy them. or you could buy
>>>the
>>>new version without the flash supressor, or with an attached
>>>magazine.

>> And if I don't want to buy used?
>> And if I wanted the one with a flash suppressor and removable
>> magazine?
>> Or bayonet lug?
>> Are you actually trying to say the so-called assault weapon ban wasn't
>> there?

>Nope, just didn't really stop anything from being sold or purchased.
>You could still go buy an UZI, they just weren't being imported.
>
>I am saying it had very little real effect, and was not a very big
>deal.

What they were able to accomplish is not the same as what they _wanted_ to
accomplish. Dianne Feinstein from California was quoted as saying, "If it were
up to me, I'd be saying, "Hand them all over, turn them all in Mr. and Mrs.
America" " or words to that affect. Democrats by and large _do_ _desire_ to
enact a total gun ban, but its Repiblicans, by and large, that are keeping them
from doing it.

And its their stance on this issue that's keeping them from winning a lot of
the elections. People want their guns, and will vote against those that are
perceieved to be an enemy of that end.

Dave Head

Old December 6th 04, 04:10 PM
Dave Head

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:28:10 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

.. .