Earth anyone?

Old January 12th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.ponds,alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn

Default Earth anyone?

On 11 Jan 2006 15:24:17 -0800, "Neil Kelsey"
wrote in alt.atheism

MarkA wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:20:28 -0500, Nightphoenix wrote:

No planet like earth has been found elsewhere in the universe.

snip

You are SO ****ING PATHETIC!

Let's see....100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy; 100,000,000,000
galaxies; our ability to directly observe planets orbiting other stars =
0. Number of planets that we can directly observe = 9.

Let's assume that 10% of stars have planets (wild guess, but probably
conservative), that gives 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars with
planets that we can't even see. That's not even counting the number of
planetary moons that may be hospitible for life.

That is one **** of a lot of "rolls of the dice".

Yea, Earth is REAL SPECIAL. Not much chance that any other planet
like it exists anywhere else, eh?

Asshole.

No kidding. These idiots are great. What, we've had space travel for
forty years or so and have managed to make it to the moon, and these
lunatics are screaming about why we haven't explored planets that so
far are just very fuzzy images in the Hubble telescope? They have no
understanding or appreciation for the astounding distance we've
travelled as a species. I guess that's what religious schools will do
for you.

They're also the ones that have been screaming about how NASA's been a
waste of money since it's inception.

--
Fundies and trolls are cordially invited to
shove a wooden cross up their arses and rotate
Old January 12th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.ponds,alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn

MarkA wrote:
[...]

Oh! THEY'RE the ones...I guess they might have an ulterior motive,
don't you think? Could it be they are afraid of what we might find in
space? Or not find? For instance, I heard heaven was supposed to be in
the stars.

Old January 13th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.ponds,alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn

On 12 Jan 2006 11:08:16 -0800, "Neil Kelsey"
wrote in alt.atheism

MarkA wrote:
[...]

IIRC, heaven's in Uranus.

--
Fundies and trolls are cordially invited to
shove a wooden cross up their arses and rotate
at a high rate of speed. I trust you'll
be 'blessed' with a cornucopia of splinters.

CALCULATION OF EARTH RESISTANCE IN MULTI-LAYER EARTH STRUCTURE. [email protected] Reefs 7 January 13th 05 12:01 AM
Earth Shattering... Heather General 3 August 12th 04 02:34 AM
earth day Ka30P General 4 April 22nd 04 06:18 PM
Earth Pond Questions - Early Spring Projects NyQuillama General 7 February 25th 04 09:01 PM