Haynes manual instructions

Old December 7th 04, 04:21 AM
Geoff

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> ...I had my
>> rotors turned at a brake shop, and when I got em back from the n*****

> Was that really necessary?
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

Ol' Larry probably 'll think up something original to say to you now, Bill.
Maybe 'blow it out your ass' or 'go **** yourself'.

Damn, I just showed him how to spell the f-word.

--Geoff

Old December 7th 04, 04:27 AM
Ray

Lawrence Glickman wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:51:47 +0100, Yvan > wrote:
>

>>Nedavno Mike Behnke pise:
>>
>>| Highly doubtful. In fact, probably worse.
>>|
>>| Bite the bullet and get the Factory Service Manual's.

>>I probably will.

> I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
> offhand, and they have your service manual *online.* You subscribe on
> an annual fee basis; something like $25 a year or some such. Can't
> remember the name, but, that is the way I would go.
>
> A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put
> together into the binders, and is a monstrosity. And unless you're
> changing out the rod bearings on your pistons or something, it seems
> to be a *bit* of overkill for most repairs you would make as a
> hobbyist.

A computerized shop manual is a PITA to browse through.
I'm a computer guy, my machines are in the house. No PC in the garage
yet. And I'm not touching my laptop after working on a car - way too
greasy.

And a shop manual is pretty much ESSENTIAL for ODB-II diagnostic
procedures. Good luck diagnosing a P1039 with a Haynes manual that
covers 4 engines over 9 years and 2 nameplates. (93-02 Camaro/Firebird
for example.) The diagnostic section for ODB-II is probably thicker
than the entire Haynes manual.

Ray

Ray
Old December 7th 04, 04:27 AM
Ray

Old December 7th 04, 04:31 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:13:52 -0500, Bill Putney >
wrote:

>Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> ...I had my
>> rotors turned at a brake shop, and when I got em back from the n*****

>Was that really necessary?

Actually, yes, I'm afraid it was.
You see, the shop *manager* is a pro. Has been in the business at
least 40 years. The employee he gave my brake job to, looked like he
had *tude,* and proceeded to destroy my brakes. Bent a control arm,
****ed my rotors up beyond recognition, and laughed all the time under
his breath.

I didn't notice all the damage until I got home.

Note: I don't have that car anymore.

Now, I've seen this happen at car washes and so forth, where darkies
are working. They see a white boy, and although I said NO SCENT they
proceed to spray it anyhow,

And where do they spray it? Why on the driver's side seat of course,
where they know I'm going to sit in it.

I would like, for Christmass, a trailer hitch for my auto, and some
chain. I will explain later.

Lg

Old December 7th 04, 04:31 AM
Lawrence Glickman

Old December 7th 04, 04:38 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:27:13 GMT, Ray > wrote:

>Lawrence Glickman wrote:

>>>I probably will.

>> I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
>> offhand, and they have your service manual *online.* You subscribe on
>> an annual fee basis; something like $25 a year or some such. Can't
>> remember the name, but, that is the way I would go.
>>
>> A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put
>> together into the binders, and is a monstrosity. And unless you're
>> changing out the rod bearings on your pistons or something, it seems
>> to be a *bit* of overkill for most repairs you would make as a
>> hobbyist.
>>

>A computerized shop manual is a PITA to browse through.

Really

>I'm a computer guy, my machines are in the house. No PC in the garage
>yet. And I'm not touching my laptop after working on a car - way too
>greasy.

good point

>And a shop manual is pretty much ESSENTIAL for ODB-II diagnostic
>procedures.

Well I have a PIM manual that came with my scanner, and OBDII
diagnostic CD Roms, BUT, the translations of the codes are built Into
the 9145, so after entering your car made, model, and year, you get
the proper interpretation of the code right on the display of the
9145. No need for a manual to translate, although I have both the
manual and the CD Roms.

Lg

Old December 7th 04, 04:38 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:27:13 GMT, Ray > wrote:

>Lawrence Glickman wrote:

>>>I probably will.

>> I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
>> offhand, and they have your service manual *online.* You subscribe on
>> an annual fee basis; something like $25 a year or some such. Can't
>> remember the name, but, that is the way I would go.
>>
>> A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put
>> together into the binders, and is a monstrosity. And unless you're
>> changing out the rod bearings on your pistons or something, it seems
>> to be a *bit* of overkill for most repairs you would make as a
>> hobbyist.
>>

>A computerized shop manual is a PITA to browse through.

Really

>I'm a computer guy, my machines are in the house. No PC in the garage
>yet. And I'm not touching my laptop after working on a car - way too
>greasy.

good point

Old December 7th 04, 04:38 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:21:32 -0500, "Geoff"
> wrote:

>"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>> Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>>
>>> ...I had my
>>> rotors turned at a brake shop, and when I got em back from the n*****

>> Was that really necessary?
>>
>> Bill Putney
>> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>> adddress with the letter 'x')

>Ol' Larry probably 'll think up something original to say to you now, Bill.
>Maybe 'blow it out your ass' or 'go **** yourself'.
>
>Damn, I just showed him how to spell the f-word.
>
>--Geoff

Spoken like a True Car Breaker.

Lg

Old December 7th 04, 04:38 AM
Lawrence Glickman

Old December 7th 04, 05:23 AM
Neil Nelson

In article >,
Bill Putney > wrote:

> Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
> > ...I had my
> > rotors turned at a brake shop, and when I got em back from the n*****

> Was that really necessary?

Bill,

You may have seen Larry mention in another post earlier today
that he had to run an errand.
That errand was for him to get his regular blood tests.

In a day or so, his doctor(s) will have his medications adjusted
and we may see him become a bit more lucid.

In the meantime, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Go one Larry, tell him I'm not making this up.

need haynes manual Tanya Dodge 56 November 23rd 04 05:28 PM
For Sale: Haynes manual for 89-95 Dodge Spirit and Plymouth Acclaim Tony H Dodge 0 August 26th 04 02:32 PM
F.S in UK. Audi 100 & A6 Haynes Manual 1991-1997 Models Petrol & Diesel joe landy Audi 0 June 14th 04 06:33 PM