SUV and Parking

Old July 23rd 05, 12:00 AM
Dave Head

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:24:25 +0200, wrote:

>Hi All,
>
> When I'm trying to find a parking spot and one of these cars (not
>always an SUV) are parked like this, I take GREAT pleasure in squeezing my
>rusty, dented 1981 Honda Civic next door - passenger side otherwise I
>can't get out. I give a 'few' inches space. It's even better if I can get
>my passenger door next to the other driver door! I live in France, so am
>not particularly worried about getting shot by some gun nut.

Yeah - an armed society is a polite society - and why you wouldn't do this in
the USA, and why the straddle-line parker might _also_ think twice about doing
_that_!

Old July 23rd 05, 02:46 AM
Scott en Aztlán

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla072205t...a-news-utility

Old July 23rd 05, 03:24 AM
C. E. White

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On 22 Jul 2005 09:24:29 -0700, "Ed White" > wrote:
>
>>Hey, I looked at the KTLA site and didn't see any storys about an SUV
>>running over a guy

> http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla072205t...a-news-utility

Wow, that was some accident. I am surprised the Blazer could drive away.

Ed

Old July 23rd 05, 09:05 PM
Superbowler

Ratbert wrote:

> Of course. SUV drivers are the only ones who ever do stuff like that.
> Moron.

I hate to break it to you but the moron is YOU. You seem to miss the
point of the OP. But then again, what can we expect from a moron like
you, who could very well be the idiot eco-terrorist who show-off his
stupid SUV on the roads of America!

Old July 23rd 05, 09:19 PM
Jose

It broils down to the cultural problem: big fat ass Americans love to knock
themselves out with multi-deck fat burgers, flush them down with big fat
(supersize) calorie-loaded Coke, and stuff their big fat mouths with potato
(e) chips (note your Republican Dan Quayle’s spelling of potato).

It’s the culture of stupid, arrogant, boastful, wasteful, disrespectful,
and simply detestable lifestyle. It’s the same ****-for-brain idiots who
have "support our troops" ribbons decorated on their big fat-ass SUV,
perhaps just to somehow alleviate their guilty conscience for riding on the
blood of the innocents. All because their selfish and arrogant lifestyle
put an unnecessary demand to pump more oil in places like Iraq.

I think, if and when the terrorists get their hands on those asshole SUV
drivers, they should make them drink the crude oil until they beg to be
killed.

SUV drivers are scum of the earth and deserve to be burn off along with the
fuel they wastefully consume.

Palo Alto should be among the targets for the terrorists to pay a ‘visit’!

"y_p_w" > wrote in
oups.com:

Old July 23rd 05, 10:32 PM
Ratbert

Superbowler wrote:
> Ratbert wrote:
>

>>Of course. SUV drivers are the only ones who ever do stuff like that.
>>Moron.

> I hate to break it to you but the moron is YOU. You seem to miss the
> point of the OP. But then again, what can we expect from a moron like
> you, who could very well be the idiot eco-terrorist who show-off his
> stupid SUV on the roads of America!

Of course! How silly of me! One particular SUV is parked improperly,
therefore all SUV drivers have attitude problems and could reasonably
drive much smaller vehicles if they didn't have "manhood" problems.
These eco-terrorist show-offs are the root cause of all that is evil in
the world. It's clear as day now that you point it out to me. I
appreciate your help. How do I sign up for your newsletter?
Old July 24th 05, 02:41 AM
Dave

Dave Head wrote:

> > When I'm trying to find a parking spot and one of these cars (not
> >always an SUV) are parked like this, I take GREAT pleasure in squeezing my
> >rusty, dented 1981 Honda Civic next door - passenger side otherwise I
> >can't get out. I give a 'few' inches space. It's even better if I can get
> >my passenger door next to the other driver door! I live in France, so am
> >not particularly worried about getting shot by some gun nut.

> Yeah - an armed society is a polite society - and why you wouldn't do this in
> the USA, and why the straddle-line parker might _also_ think twice about doing
> _that_!

That or you'll end up with a series of dents from teh 1981 Civic that
has so little value a few small paint chips on the door won't matter.

Either way it's a stupid idea to **** with someone driving a **** car,
they have a lot less to lose and are a lot more likely to **** up your
car than theirs.

Dave

Old July 25th 05, 08:50 PM
y_p_w

Dave Head wrote:

> Yeah - an armed society is a polite society - and why you wouldn't
> do this in the USA, and why the straddle-line parker might _also_
> think twice about doing _that_!

I dunno about that. Once I saw the local cops ready to arrest
someone for changing his car's oil in a private parking lot. I
don't recall if it was a local or state law, but it was illegal
to work on a car in a parking lot of a business. Most auto parts
store parking lots around here have signs stating that.

The guy was armed with a revolver in a belt holster, which in and
of itself wasn't illegal in my city. It's unusual though, and most
people I know of would have given the guy a wide berth. Now, I'm
not necessarily going to question the wisdom of crawling under a
car with a loaded gun. However - the cops weren't taking any
chances and had their guns drawn (and I presume safeties off) as
they told the man to get out and not to touch his weapon.

Old August 6th 05, 06:34 PM
redleg

Rozo wrote:
> For those who wish to see evidences of SUV drivers' attitude problem:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/digitallfun/

I disagree with this being a bad thing. I'm not an SUV owner. But if
there's no place to park, its better that he parks like that then to
crowd another vehicle. What? No pics of people parking sideways across
4 spaces?

Old January 13th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Default SUV and Parking

Kenneth Crudup wrote:
> In article >, newsgroup says:
>
>> You get sick and tired of circling endlessly for a space, getting your
>> doors banged up

> Eh? There's a solution to both that I use (that more of "us" fat Americans
> could really use, as well): park in the extremes of the parking lot. No
> jackasses to ding my door and most times I've parked, then walked to the
> front door of the establishment and gotten there before the idiot "space
> hunter" folks have.

Where are these legendary "extremes"? Most parking lots I see have cars
parking in the aisles because there's no room anymore.

John