Sleek, Sparkling Rims Power A $3.1 Billion Aftermarket Industry

Old June 10th 05, 12:56 AM
bicycle

Rod Speed (Spork Dork) wrote:
> Some gutless ****wit welfare bludger desperately cowering behind
> bicycle > desperately attempted
> to bull**** its way out of its predicament in message
> oups.com...
> and fooled absolutely no one at all. As always.

Sorry you were wrong. Have a good cry as always.

Old June 10th 05, 12:58 AM
Jim Yanik

"bicycle" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Rod Speed wrote:
>> bicycle > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > max wrote

>> > This paramedic disagrees,
>> > <http://www.alpharubicon.com/bovstuff/seatbelttexan.htm>

>> No he doesnt. He's talking about the extent of
>> injurys that result with a crash, not IN CONTROL.
>>
>> > Why do you think it's BS?

>> Because it is. Novel concept eh ?

> Novel concept to so many doesn't make it novel anymore, ******.
>
> Conn.DOT:
> In an emergency, safety belts keep you behind the wheel and ready to
> react if necessary. Being in control can help you keep minor crashes
> minor or avoid them altogether.
>
> Alberta Infrastructure and Transportation:
> "Seat belts hold you securely in place. If you are a driver, this helps
> you control the car in a crash situation."
>
> Ontario Ministry of Transportation:
> "A seat belt keeps the driver behind the wheel and in control in a
> collision."
>
> Colorado DMV:
> In a car crash, wearing a seat belt keeps you from being thrown from
> the car and helps you keep control of the car.
>

> California DMV:
> If you were struck from the side, the impact could push you back and
> forth across the seat. Belts and straps keep you in a better position
> to control the car.
>
> US Army, Division of Safety:
> "One of the best reasons to wear a seat belt is to keep you in the
> driver's seat where you can control the car."
>
> Utah Safety Council:
> "Safety belts:
> Distribute the impact of a crash over the stronger parts of your body,
> Keep you in your seat and inside the car,
> Let you keep control of the car."
>
> Roadtrip America:
> "Belts help keep you in your place, in control, and better able to
> avoid a crash. "
>
> US Navy, Naval Safety Center:
> "Seat belts keep you behind the wheel and in control of the vehicle."
>
> And on and on...

Seems to me that one gets "thrown out of the seat" only -after- control was
lost,unrecoverably,and the vehicle has STRUCK something(or flipped over,in
which case you still will not regain 'control'),thus providing the force
necessary to move one out of the seat.
Or another vehicle has struck you and the crash has already happened.Then
MAYBE you might keep it from crossing the median,probably not.

I do not believe that the slick vinyl bench seats of the '60s are in common
use anymore.

I always wear my seatbelt.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old June 10th 05, 01:01 AM
bicycle

Rod Speed wrote:
> Some gutless ****wit welfare bludger desperately cowering behind
> bicycle > desperately attempted
> to bull**** its way out of its predicament in message
> oups.com...
> and fooled absolutely no one at all. As always.

Sorry I had to resort to the use of facts to refute your delusional
bull****. They really hit you hard this time, no denying that. Have a
good cry and get over it, spork dork.

Old June 10th 05, 01:07 AM
Rod Slow

Rod Speed wrote:
> Some terminal sales ****wit claiming to be
> George Grapman > wrote in message
> . com...
> just what you'd expect from a terminal sales ****wit.
>
> No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is sales ****wit.

Yep,bowel bowel boy was humiliated again.
Didn't someone claiming to be his mother post about how hard it was
to have a dysfunctional son? I will try to find it.
Old June 10th 05, 01:11 AM
bicycle

George Grapman wrote:
> bicycle wrote:
> >>****wit.

> > Aussie trailer-trash rears it's ugly head once again. The limited
> > vocabulary that results from a limited education. Anyhow, I was right,
> > you were wrong. Again.
> >

> When baby Rod cries "bull****", "****wit" "salesfool" or "reams of
> ****" it is his way of saying:
>
> My dear sir, lacking any facts to contrary, I have to admit that you
> are correct and I am wrong"

Googling "Rod Speed ****wit" just in this group gives 622 hits/posts.

Through the years welfare trash like Rod have had to scrape by with
their severely limited vocabulary. It's just one more handicap that
prevents such bludgers from gainful employment, with the exception of
being a fluffer for the Australian Gay Porn Industry. I heard he's paid
by the "load".

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.consumers.frugal-living/search?group=misc.consumers.frugal-living&q=rod+speed+****wit&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search +this+group>

Old June 10th 05, 01:11 AM
Rod Slow

Rod Speed wrote:
> Some terminal sales ****wit claiming to be
> George Grapman > wrote in message
> just what you'd expect from a terminal sales ****wit.
>
> No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is sales ****wit.

The best that you have ever managed is cashing your welfare check.
Fired on day one at a menial job.

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/faq/aus.tv.pay.html
Old June 10th 05, 01:23 AM
Rod Slow

bicycle wrote:

> George Grapman wrote:

>>>Aussie trailer-trash rears it's ugly head once again. The limited
>>>vocabulary that results from a limited education. Anyhow, I was right,
>>>you were wrong. Again.
>>>

>> When baby Rod cries "bull****", "****wit" "salesfool" or "reams of
>>****" it is his way of saying:
>>
>> My dear sir, lacking any facts to contrary, I have to admit that you
>>are correct and I am wrong"
>>

> Googling "Rod Speed ****wit" just in this group gives 622 hits/posts.
>
> Through the years welfare trash like Rod have had to scrape by with
> their severely limited vocabulary. It's just one more handicap that
> prevents such bludgers from gainful employment, with the exception of
> being a fluffer for the Australian Gay Porn Industry. I heard he's paid
> by the "load".

A google search of his name an "puerile" gets 4,340 hits but
"peurile" shows another 154 hits before he even figured out that his
initial spelling was wrong.
Please quote this in your reply as bowel boy has killfiled me.
Old June 10th 05, 01:52 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Tom Quackenbush wrote:

> What situation were you considering where a seatbelt would help the
> driver maintain control of the car?

The situations that meet this description are so numerous that to list
them would be unduly onerous. You, uh, really have trouble coming up with
any such situations?
Old June 10th 05, 02:15 AM
Bob Ward

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:35:13 GMT, Tom Quackenbush
> wrote:

> Bob Ward wrote:
>> Tom Quackenbush wrote:
>>>Bob Ward wrote:

><snip>
>>>
>>> There's some logic in that argument. Wouldn't that also argue
>>>against driver-side airbags?

>>Preventing injury is a bad thing? once the airbags have deployed, the
>>accident has happened, and the car has decelerated to a dead
>>(so-to-speak) stop.

> I'm talking about a situation in which the car is struck hard enough
>to cause the airbag to deploy, but not hard enough to disable the
>driver. The airbag deploying is going to make it pretty difficult to
>maintain control of the car.

The sensors are behind the front bumper to insure that the airbags
will deploy on frontal impact. If they go off at other times, that's
outside the dersign parameters.

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/str_airbag.aspx

How does an airbag work?
An airbag system consists of the airbag module which contains an
inflator, the airbag itself, and a trim cover. The proper firing of
the airbag is controlled by crash sensors which supply electrical
signals to a control unit which fires the inflator to inflate the
airbag.

The driver-side airbag module is in the hub of the steering wheel. The
passenger-side airbag module (if so equipped) is in the dashboard
above the glovebox.

Ths is what happens when an airbag deploys in a crash:

In the 15 to 20 milliseconds after impact, the crash sensors and
control unit determine the severity of the collision and decide
whether to deploy the airbag.
At about 25 milliseconds, the airbag splits its covering pad in
predetermined places and begins to inflate rapidly.
At about 45 milliseconds, the bag is fully inflated while the
seatbelted occupant is still moving forward.
At around 60 milliseconds, the occupant contact the airbag which
immediately begins to deflate via vent holes in the back.
Up to 100 milliseconds, the occupant continues to sink deeply into the
airbag which cushions the head and chest while it is deflating.
In less than a blink of an eye, the crash has occurred, the airbag has
deployed, done its job and now lies deflated in front of you.

Old June 10th 05, 02:30 AM
Nate Nagel

Tom Quackenbush wrote:
> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Tom Quackenbush wrote:
>>

>>> What situation were you considering where a seatbelt would help the
>>>driver maintain control of the car?

>>The situations that meet this description are so numerous that to list
>>them would be unduly onerous. You, uh, really have trouble coming up with
>>any such situations?

> I can think of some , yes. I mentioned the most obvious to me,
> that you snipped:
>
> " I'm talking about a situation in which the car is struck hard
> enough to cause the airbag to deploy, but not hard enough to disable
> the driver. "
>
> Apparently Bob was considering a situation where the seatbelt would
> help the driver maintain control, but in which the airbag would not
> deploy. I was curious as to what he had in mind, so I asked him.
>
> If you know what scenario Bob had in mind, then, by all means,
> share.
>
> R,
> Tom Q.

A T-bone to the passenger side?