Trolls

Old November 28th 05, 11:53 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Trolls

I am using xnews, anybody know of a good way of filtering this newsgroup so
that I can see the info on ponds rather than the blather.
TIA
ANO
Old November 28th 05, 03:05 PM posted to rec.ponds

"axolotl" wrote in message
.130...
I am using xnews, anybody know of a good way of filtering this newsgroup so
that I can see the info on ponds rather than the blather.
TIA
ANO

============
There's a newsreader newsgroup where you can ask. Go to
alt.come.software.newsreaders.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

Old November 28th 05, 03:23 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Koi-lo" wrote in message

"axolotl" wrote in message
.130...
I am using xnews, anybody know of a good way of filtering this newsgroup
so
that I can see the info on ponds rather than the blather.
TIA
ANO

============
There's a newsreader newsgroup where you can ask. Go to
alt.come.software.newsreaders.

=======
Whoops,... that's alt.comp.software.newsreaders.

Old November 29th 05, 01:15 PM posted to rec.ponds

There have been several posts about methods that work well. We have been
blocking crossposts (delete if posted on a certain newsgroup) and we have
been blocking all messages from senders who crosspost (has to be done one at
a time, but is very effective). We get very few new junk or troll messgaes.
When someone looks like a poster on another group, we have sometimes just
written to ask them to remove rec.ponds when they reply on their ng. Some
have apologized. Others ignored it.

Jim
.130...

Old January 7th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:53:37 GMT, axolotl
wrote:

I am using xnews, anybody know of a good way of filtering this newsgroup so
that I can see the info on ponds rather than the blather.
TIA
ANO

Some ng readers such as Agent can filter crossposts fairly well but
you still have to spend time put most of the people posting in this ng
into the killfile. I wonder in and out of this ng just to have a
laugh once in awhile.

Good ole Maxx is in my killbin as you probably figure by its reply.

Old January 7th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.ponds

So what do you call yourself.who the hell cares if you have Max , me
or any others in your killbin..........just another dumbassed canadian
with a case of severe frostbite.

wrote:

I am using xnews, anybody know of a good way of filtering this newsgroup so
that I can see the info on ponds rather than the blather.
TIA
ANO

Some ng readers such as Agent can filter crossposts fairly well but
you still have to spend time put most of the people posting in this ng
into the killfile. I wonder in and out of this ng just to have a
laugh once in awhile.

Good ole Maxx is in my killbin as you probably figure by its reply.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old January 8th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

I am using xnews, anybody know of a good way of filtering this newsgroup
so that I can see the info on ponds rather than the blather.

Some ng readers such as Agent can filter crossposts fairly well but
you still have to spend time put most of the people posting in this ng
into the killfile. I wonder in and out of this ng just to have a
laugh once in awhile.

Good ole Maxx is in my killbin as you probably figure by its reply.

Given that Max is the only person here doing a half-decent job of educating
people about _how_ to avoid the crud, you're obviously filtering the wrong
posts.
--
derek

Old January 8th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

I am using xnews, anybody know of a good way of filtering this newsgroup
so that I can see the info on ponds rather than the blather.

Some ng readers such as Agent can filter crossposts fairly well but
you still have to spend time put most of the people posting in this ng
into the killfile. I wonder in and out of this ng just to have a
laugh once in awhile.

Good ole Maxx is in my killbin as you probably figure by its reply.

Given that Max is the only person here doing a half-decent job of educating
people about _how_ to avoid the crud, you're obviously filtering the wrong
posts.

I'll have to give him a second chance then I guess.