American cars

Old November 6th 04, 09:41 PM
Dave

Default American cars

It time to break out those old cars and get them fixed up, and back on
the road again, if we just let these old cars rot in to a pile of
dust. We will lost a lot, we need to keep our cars up and running, we
need to show these non-American Americans what's up. I know we still
have some pride left in our country, and not every American is turning
Japanese or German on us. Let's all do what it takes to keep our old
American cars on the road, if you have one and you don't want to fix
it up, then sell it to a person who loves it, and wants to fix it up.
You can get good money for old American cars, and if you think it's
just a piece of junk, think again, I'LL bet theres a person out there
right who would give just about anything ti have that car. So ebay it
or do whatever you have to do to get it sold. And you'll sleep well at
night knowing that you made another person very happy.
Old November 17th 04, 04:12 AM
Paul

Cheap money is the killer of the old car-American or otherwise.
Old January 3rd 05, 11:13 PM

Paul wrote:
> Cheap money is the killer of the old car-American or otherwise.

I'd say cheap people are the main killer of things American, I wonder
if anybody these days has every heard that you get what you pay for.
It's the truth, and it's really the truth when it come to cars, if you
don't wnat to pay then don't play.

Old January 3rd 05, 11:13 PM

Old January 4th 05, 04:46 AM
tranch728

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Paul wrote:
> > Cheap money is the killer of the old car-American or otherwise.

> I'd say cheap people are the main killer of things American, I wonder
> if anybody these days has every heard that you get what you pay for.
> It's the truth, and it's really the truth when it come to cars, if you
> don't wnat to pay then don't play.

What are you talking about? I've seen some of these Yuppie morons go
into a dealer and pay MORE than sticker price for a car they wanted.
If I'm not mistaken the Plymouth Prowler was a $39K car but these morons
were paying $60-$70K just so they could have one. Same thing with the new VW
Beetle when it first came out. Friend of mine worked at a VW Dealer in a
Chicago suburb. Man buys a new Beetle and pays WAY over sticker price. As
he's leaving the lot another moron walks up to the car and offers him $5K
more than he just paid. Sold!
Antique, restorations old cars in general. You EVER try restoring an old
car cheaply?! Ever try buying and old restored car cheaply? Ever try buying
and old rust bucket cheaply? Not in this part of the country!

Old February 7th 05, 02:18 AM

Amen Dave, well put. These days it is certainly difficult to even know
what an "American" car is though. Is it "... the Chevy built in Mexico
from primarily imported parts and then re-imported into the United
States" or "the Ford built in German plants employing Turkish workers
and sold on the Hong Kong and Nigerian markets..."(Barber, 1995)?
Anyone buying a new "American" car would have a hard time convincing
themselves that they had indeed bought an "American" car.

Isn't also amazing to see GM's recent plunge into the RWD market after
losing all their business to Ford?!?

(Remember, American classics... not imported plastics)

Old February 13th 05, 04:27 PM
BadBow99S10

"BLVD.cruiser" wrote:
>Amen Dave, well put. These days it is certainly difficult to even
>know
>what an "American" car is though. Is it "... the Chevy built in
>Mexico
>from primarily imported parts and then re-imported into the United
>States" or "the Ford built in German plants employing Turkish

workers
>and sold on the Hong Kong and Nigerian markets..."(Barber, 1995)?
>Anyone buying a new "American" car would have a hard time

convincing
>themselves that they had indeed bought an "American" car.
>
>Isn’t also amazing to see GM’s recent plunge into the RWD
>market after
>losing all their business to Ford?!?
>
>(Remember, American classics... not imported plastics)

Well said BLVD.cruiser.

There aren’t many true newer American made cars on the market
right now. It’s true there are more American made parts used in
imports than in "American made" cars. As you said, many American
cars are made in other countries. Instead of buying an "American
made" car, help promote Americas economy, buy an import.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Antique-Ca...pict78892.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=477866