Chrysler recalling 471 Minivans over liftgate issue

Old June 9th 12, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Chrysler recalling 471 Minivans over liftgate issue

Can someone tell me the exact date and time that people got so weak
and/or lazy that they could no longer open and/or close a door by
hand?

On Thu, 10 May 2012 10:35:24 -0500,
lid (MummyChunk) wrote:

>From AB
>

>Report Date : May 8, 2012 at 09:33 AM
>NHTSA Campaign ID number : 12V191000
>
>Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
>CHRYSLER / TOWN AND COUNTRY 2012
>DODGE / GRAND CARAVAN 2012
>Manufacturer: CHRYSLER GROUP LLC Mfr's Report Date: MAY 01, 2012
>NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 12V191000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A
>Component: EQUIPMENT
>Potential Number of Units Affected: 471
>DODGE GRAND CARAVAN VEHICLES, MANUFACTURED FROM MARCH 9, 2012 THROUGH
>MARCH 12, 2012. SOME VEHICLES MAY BE EQUIPPED WITH A RIGHT SIDE
>LIFTGATE PINCH SENSOR THAT DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY. AS A RESULT,
>INCREASED FORCE MAY BE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO STOP THE POWER LIFTGATE
>DURING FINAL CLOSING STAGES.
>Consequence:
>THE POWER LIFTGATE DOOR MAY CLOSE ON AN APPENDAGE, INCREASING THE RISK
>OF INJURY.
>Remedy:
>CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE THE
>RIGHT SIDE LIFTGATE PINCH SENSORS, FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS
>EXPECTED TO BEGIN IN MAY 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT
>1-800-853-1403.
>Notes:
>CHRYSLERS RECALL NUMBER IS M17. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE
>NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY
>HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO

HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
Old June 9th 12, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

you know what the pinch sensor is for right?

Old June 11th 12, 06:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:59:05 -0400, "Rob" > wrote:

>you know what the pinch sensor is for right?

Yes. Not sure what your point is though.

.. .

Old June 12th 12, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

the pinch sensor has nothing to do with someone being able to close the
liftgate.

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:59:05 -0400, "Rob" > wrote:
>
>>you know what the pinch sensor is for right?
>>

> Yes. Not sure what your point is though.

. ..

Old June 15th 12, 07:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

The notice was in regard to a power liftgate. Who the heck needs a
power liftgate??? That was the point I was addressing, the issue of
the pinch sensor itself.

Old June 15th 12, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

I see where you are going.

people with their hands full of groceries and what not I guess.

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> The notice was in regard to a power liftgate. Who the heck needs a
> power liftgate??? That was the point I was addressing, the issue of
> the pinch sensor itself.
>

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:15:51 -0400, "Rob" > wrote:
>
>>the pinch sensor has nothing to do with someone being able to close the
>>liftgate.
>>

>>"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Yes. Not sure what your point is though.

m...