American Collectors Insurance question.

Old October 23rd 04, 07:43 PM
Dad

Default American Collectors Insurance question.

American Collectors Insurance, does anyone have a good or bad feeling about
their worth. I was quoted a price of about 25% of what my insurance company
is charging me now for my 1972. Very nearly the same coverage, based out of
Cherry Hill NJ, the NJ is almost enough to scare me off. ;-]

Yes, I'm aware of stated versus replacement value.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 23rd 04, 08:57 PM
Bob G.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:43:53 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:

>American Collectors Insurance, does anyone have a good or bad feeling about
>their worth. I was quoted a price of about 25% of what my insurance company
>is charging me now for my 1972. Very nearly the same coverage, based out of
>Cherry Hill NJ, the NJ is almost enough to scare me off. ;-]
>
>Yes, I'm aware of stated versus replacement value.

Dear Dad...

send Money... lol Just could not resist

BUT to answer your question
I have used American Collectors for well over 10 years
AND I have had a claim !

The REAL Insurance Company BTW is
American Bankers Ins of Florida...
Am Collectors out of NJ is the broker

Clam was handled without any hassle to me, or the body shop that did
the repair .. The only problem ( and it really was not a problem) is
that I had to wait 3 days for one of their adjusters to contact me and
come out to see the car... Their adjusters are not the normal Gieco
adjusters etc the adjuster who was given my claim had to travel close
to 100 miles to see the car ...he told me that all he handles is
claims involving, Collector Cars etc. Street Rods etc... and he
himself was into Mopars...

Anyway I had not a single problem with them...

Bob Griffiths
64 & 72 Corvette Ragtops
76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes
68 SS 396 Chevelle

And YES thay also insure my 95 even though it is "too new"
since I use it the same as my other toys...and because I have
5 other cars covered by them I guess...

my 72 is valued at 18k costs me $108 a year (its my 4th car ) IF it
were the 1st car the total would be $142 and $130 if it was listed as
the 3rd car... the 4th 5th and 6th cars do not get charged for Body
Inj & Prop Damage liability, or personal Injury or
uninsured/underinsured motorists ...

Towing and 500 buck spare parts is included on all the cars at no
charge...
Old October 23rd 04, 08:57 PM
Bob G.

Old October 23rd 04, 09:48 PM
Barking Rats

In article >,
"Dad" > wrote:

> American Collectors Insurance, does anyone have a good or bad feeling about
> their worth. I was quoted a price of about 25% of what my insurance company
> is charging me now for my 1972. Very nearly the same coverage, based out of
> Cherry Hill NJ, the NJ is almost enough to scare me off. ;-]
>
> Yes, I'm aware of stated versus replacement value.

Hi Dad. I've had Am. Collectors for about 12-14 years now and am happy
with them - though I've never had a claim. Like the other specialty
insurers they have clear restrictions on who, what, when and where you
can expose your car to risk. Some would find the rules too restrictive
but they all work just fine for me.

One of the benefits to the way I use the cars is that with my regular
insurer, State Farm, I had to formally withdraw and reinstate coverage
during the winter and spring when the car was "tucked in" to save on the
premiums. With Am Collectors the cars are always covered but the price
is so favorable I don't feel the need to withdraw or reinstate and can
take the car out on a sunny December day if the mood strikes me.
Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger
Old October 23rd 04, 09:48 PM
Barking Rats

Old October 24th 04, 04:29 AM
Mike Ellison

Barking Rats wrote:
> In article >,
> "Dad" > wrote:
>

>>American Collectors Insurance, does anyone have a good or bad feeling about
>>their worth. I was quoted a price of about 25% of what my insurance company
>>is charging me now for my 1972. Very nearly the same coverage, based out of
>>Cherry Hill NJ, the NJ is almost enough to scare me off. ;-]
>>
>>Yes, I'm aware of stated versus replacement value.

> Hi Dad. I've had Am. Collectors for about 12-14 years now and am happy
> with them - though I've never had a claim. Like the other specialty
> insurers they have clear restrictions on who, what, when and where you
> can expose your car to risk. Some would find the rules too restrictive
> but they all work just fine for me.
>
> One of the benefits to the way I use the cars is that with my regular
> insurer, State Farm, I had to formally withdraw and reinstate coverage
> during the winter and spring when the car was "tucked in" to save on the
> premiums. With Am Collectors the cars are always covered but the price
> is so favorable I don't feel the need to withdraw or reinstate and can
> take the car out on a sunny December day if the mood strikes me.
> Here's waving to ya - \||||
>
> Owen
> ___
>
> '67BB & '72BB
> ___
>
> "To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
> -- Ann Hayman Zwinger

If you trailer the car to events make sure you're covered.
HTH...... Mike.

Old October 24th 04, 04:29 AM
Mike Ellison

Old October 24th 04, 05:01 AM
Dad

"Mike Ellison" > wrote in message
>> Hi Dad. I've had Am. Collectors for about 12-14 years now and am happy
>> with them - though I've never had a claim. Like the other specialty
>> insurers they have clear restrictions on who, what, when and where you
>> can expose your car to risk. Some would find the rules too restrictive
>> but they all work just fine for me.
>>
>> One of the benefits to the way I use the cars is that with my regular
>> insurer, State Farm, I had to formally withdraw and reinstate coverage
>> during the winter and spring when the car was "tucked in" to save on the
>> premiums. With Am Collectors the cars are always covered but the price is
>> so favorable I don't feel the need to withdraw or reinstate and can take
>> the car out on a sunny December day if the mood strikes me.
>> Here's waving to ya - \||||
>>
>> Owen
>> ___
>>
>> '67BB & '72BB
>> ___
>>
>> "To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
>> -- Ann Hayman Zwinger

> If you trailer the car to events make sure you're covered.
> HTH...... Mike.

No need to worry about me putting a Corvette on a trailer. They were made to
drive and that's what I do, rain or shine, year round. If it's on a trailer
someone stole it. We are having a thunderstorm here right now and I leaving
for the east cost in about 8 hours. Need to see how the Supercar tires work
in the rain.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 24th 04, 05:01 AM
Dad

Old October 27th 04, 08:46 AM
ThaDriver

American Collectors sounds good from the other posts, but I use Grundy. I
have several cars/projects covered through them with a total stated value
of I think $46,000 & it costs me $457 per year for full coverage. They
must be stored inside, & not used for work transportation or errands. But
the mileage is unlimited. Works for me.
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Insurance for 156 JTS Tony Rickard Alfa Romeo 13 December 29th 04 01:51 AM
Help ! somebody hit my BMW . . news BMW 9 December 4th 04 12:26 PM
Transmission fluid filter question LIW Audi 0 November 22nd 04 04:45 PM
E34 question Vernon Balbert BMW 11 October 27th 04 01:37 PM
UK - Are BMW Insurance any good? Glen Jones BMW 2 September 18th 04 07:22 PM