Wiper Blades

Old January 3rd 05, 05:59 PM
Gary

Default Wiper Blades

I still have the rusted original '90 wiper blade holder and have been
replacing the rubber using Masda parts every year. Can you buy just the part
that holds the blade and not have to shell out $80 for the whole assembly
which include the full arm and blade holder? I am referring to a Mazda part
and not after market.

Old January 4th 05, 01:37 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Gary" > wrote:

>I still have the rusted original '90 wiper blade holder and have been
>replacing the rubber using Masda parts every year. Can you buy just the part
>that holds the blade and not have to shell out $80 for the whole assembly
>which include the full arm and blade holder? I am referring to a Mazda part
>and not after market.

I am not clear about this.

IIRC, the wiper arms were $40-50 from trussvillemazda.com.
I got a pair to use when mine were being chromed.

The brackets that hold the rubber itself are obviously sold separate,
(if they are sold at all), but why would anyone want to buy them
from Mazda?

Anyway, call trussville. They can be trusted, and they will sell
you what you need at about a quarter less than you would pay
at a dealer.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old January 4th 05, 07:09 PM
Gary

Anyone use the PIAA wipers?

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades.html

http://www.piaa.com/controller.php?a...A&model=1 145

Old January 5th 05, 02:00 AM
Randy Maheux

I thought I had posted this, but I must have hit "Reply Sender" instead of
"Reply Group" - OOPS!

To repeat what Leon said, why would anyone want to buy Mazda wiper blades?
I used the Mazda parts once and switched to after market ones because of the
cost. I've found that they actually work a lot better and are half the
cost.

I am partial to Bosch Micro-Edge blades (about $10 ea), though Trico's ($8
ea) work almost as well. A friend bought Pep Boys cheapie blades and even
they worked as well as the Mazda parts.

Randy

Old January 5th 05, 04:33 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article <WSHCd.9303$yW5.1728@fed1read02>,
"Randy Maheux" > wrote:

> To repeat what Leon said, why would anyone want to buy Mazda wiper blades?
> I used the Mazda parts once and switched to after market ones because of the
> cost. I've found that they actually work a lot better and are half the
> cost.

Because the Mazda blades last a long, long time. Granted, my Miata is
garaged and is rarely parked in the sun for any length of time, but its
Mazda baldes were new in 1997 and still function well.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old January 5th 05, 06:18 AM
BRUCE HASKIN

Gary,
Have you looked into the price of PIAA ?
I have a Dealer near me, but it's 10:20 PM :-) & I don't think he will
answer the phone now. :-)

Bruce RED '91

Old January 5th 05, 12:11 PM
Stephen Toth

In article <gRBCd.14408$sh5.7848@trndny08>, Gary
> wrote:

> Anyone use the PIAA wipers?
>
> http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades.html
>
> http://www.piaa.com/controller.php?a...A&model=1 145

<snip>

I am using them and like them a lot.
My windsheild is pretty heavily pitted from too many miles in heavy
interstate traffic. An unpleasant commute that lasted too long ;-)

I find that the PIAA blades do a better job and last longer than the
standard rubber compounds. If your windshield is in good shape, I am
not sure they are worth it, but for an abused windshield you may want
to give them a try.
Old January 5th 05, 08:52 PM
Gary

"BRUCE HASKIN" > wrote in message
> Gary,
> Have you looked into the price of PIAA ?
> I have a Dealer near me, but it's 10:20 PM :-) & I don't think he will
> answer the phone now. :-)
>
> Bruce RED '91

I saw them on Moss. Very expensive. Just asking if they are some marvel
worth getting. Kind of exotic design.

Old January 5th 05, 09:02 PM
Gary

"Stephen Toth" > wrote in message
> In article <gRBCd.14408$sh5.7848@trndny08>, Gary

> I am using them and like them a lot.
> My windsheild is pretty heavily pitted from too many miles in heavy
> interstate traffic. An unpleasant commute that lasted too long ;-)
>
> I find that the PIAA blades do a better job and last longer than the
> standard rubber compounds. If your windshield is in good shape, I am
> not sure they are worth it, but for an abused windshield you may want
> to give them a try.

I'm looking for the lowest profile blades. One reason for not being 100%
sold on the very fine Bosch blades, is that my stock wiper are lower in
profile than the Bosch. I'm not tall, and when I look out my window, the
stock wipers stick out in view. I can see them and I would prefer an even
lower profile, more stealth, hidden away into the body view. The Bosch stand
up taller and would be even more visible.

How are the PIAA in view?

Also, which PIAA did you get? The Silicone or Graphite?

Old January 5th 05, 09:15 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article <xBYCd.10697$PY6.5821@trndny02>,
"Gary" > wrote:

> One reason for not being 100%
> sold on the very fine Bosch blades...

My experience with the rather expensive Bosch blades: they work very
well for about three months, then deteriorate rapidly, becoming useless
in six. Even Anco is a better buy.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C