Speed limit change

Old August 4th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

Default Speed limit change

>From the Colfax, WA Gazette August 3, 2006

Colfax City Administraror ... noted the North Palouse River Road
included in the recent land annex is now posted at 25 mph, the regular
in-town limit for arterial streets. The former county road was posted
at 50 mph.

Now there is a well studied SL change. The road in question is a
gravel road that runs about 2 1/2 miles. Been awhile since I was over
it but I can only think of 4 or 5 residences in that stretch. The area
was just annexed two weeks ago by the city to allow a big developer
from Az to build yuppie mini farms (minimum 5 acre). That will be at
least a year down the road but what the hey! It is now city so that
means the SL is 25 and to hell with logic. I suspect that decision
will probably not last out the month. You don't mess with the sacred 7
and one of them lives up there. My guess is that reason will prevail
and the posted will be 35 or 40 when the subdivision is in as it will
be a major arterial for the yuppies.

Harry K

Old August 4th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

> Harry K said in rec.autos.driving:

> Now there is a well studied SL change. The road in question is a
> gravel road that runs about 2 1/2 miles. Been awhile since I was over
> it but I can only think of 4 or 5 residences in that stretch. The area
> was just annexed two weeks ago by the city to allow a big developer
> from Az to build yuppie mini farms (minimum 5 acre). That will be at
> least a year down the road but what the hey! It is now city so that
> means the SL is 25 and to hell with logic. I suspect that decision
> will probably not last out the month. You don't mess with the sacred 7
> and one of them lives up there. My guess is that reason will prevail
> and the posted will be 35 or 40 when the subdivision is in as it will
> be a major arterial for the yuppies.

My guess is that the city will use the road for a revenue farm when the
yuppie farms are finally built.

Clarification needed: "sacred 7?"

"You jump in front of my car when you,
you know all the time that
Ninety miles an hour, girl, is the speed I drive
You tell me it's alright, you don't mind a little pain
You say you just want me to take you for a ride "
--Jimi Hendrix
Old August 4th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

"Ed Pirrero" > wrote
> Harry K wrote:
>> >From the Colfax, WA Gazette August 3, 2006

>> Colfax City Administraror ... noted the North Palouse River Road
>> included in the recent land annex is now posted at 25 mph, the regular
>> in-town limit for arterial streets. The former county road was posted
>> at 50 mph.

> LOL. One of these days, some connected, big WSU donor is gonna get
> popped by one of Colfax's Subaru-driving LEOs for 28 on the main drag,
> and he's gonna get the bypass built. One can only hope. The Pullman
> cutoff is a dream of mine - I have PURPOSELY never bought anything in
> Colfax. And never will.

Colfax made great strides a few years ago when they bought another
traffic light controller: now all three sets of lights don't turn red at
the same time!

Ever come in from Palouse and seen all the equipment that they have
to turn the lights red in case of a runaway coming down the (steep)
hill into town? The cops get notified and give you a ticket if you
trip it (>25). Of course the runoff goes across highway 26 and into
the Palouse R. aqueduct, so it's not much good for the runaway...

Personally, I usually go around by the airport and hospital.

FloydR