Factory Security Code

Old December 26th 04, 10:35 PM

Default Factory Security Code

After owning our 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer AWD for four years, my wife
locked her key in the car last week, and I decided it might be nice to
enable the coded entry feature. The manual says I need to find the
factory preset code, which is located on the owner's card in the wallet
(which I can't find) and on the computer control module. Can anyone
tell me how to locate the computer control module on this car?

Old December 27th 04, 12:48 AM
Searcher

The control module is in the rear compartment where youer jack is located.
You'll need a flashlight, open the compartment and look toward the front of
the vehicle above the wheel well. YOu'll see a silver box with a label on
it. on this label is the 5 digit code you will need.

Searcher1

oups.com...

Old December 27th 04, 05:24 AM

A small hand-held mirror will be very useful to read the number.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:48:51 GMT, "Searcher" > wrote:

>The control module is in the rear compartment where youer jack is located.
>You'll need a flashlight, open the compartment and look toward the front of
>the vehicle above the wheel well. YOu'll see a silver box with a label on
>it. on this label is the 5 digit code you will need.
>
>Searcher1

roups.com...