looking for help with a no spark on a 92 navajo

Old May 28th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default looking for help with a no spark on a 92 navajo

i have a 92 mazda navajo which was running fine then all of a sudden it
wouldn't start
i went through the normal checks and realised there was no spark gas
was in the truck and the fuel pump is working i checked and/or replaced
the ign coil , module ,crank sensor still no change i checked the
timing chain and valves are still opening and closing any thoughts?
anyone know how to check the ecm before i change it?
much appricated mike

Old May 29th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"icemike333" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> i have a 92 mazda navajo which was running fine then all of a sudden it
> wouldn't start
> i went through the normal checks and realised there was no spark gas
> was in the truck and the fuel pump is working i checked and/or replaced
> the ign coil , module ,crank sensor still no change i checked the
> timing chain and valves are still opening and closing any thoughts?
> anyone know how to check the ecm before i change it?
> much appricated mike

The only other thing I can think of, since it sounds like you checked
everything else, would be low voltage due to a weak battery, bad
connections, or a bad battery cable. I had a similar problem on my '97.
The battery voltage seemed OK at the coil and it seemed to charge right up
and the problem still existed even with the battery charger connected and
the battery fully charged. One or two of the cells read a bit low after it
was fully charged. Once I replaced the battery the problem disappeared.

Good luck.

Old May 30th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

>"icemike333" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> i have a 92 mazda navajo which was running fine then all of a sudden it
>> wouldn't start
>> i went through the normal checks and realised there was no spark gas
>> was in the truck and the fuel pump is working i checked and/or replaced
>> the ign coil , module ,crank sensor still no change i checked the
>> timing chain and valves are still opening and closing any thoughts?
>> anyone know how to check the ecm before i change it?
>> much appricated mike

I had a "no start" problem on my '91 and it turned out to be corroded
wiring that ran under/near the battery. Repaired the wiring and it's
been fine ever since.

When you do find the cause, let us know.

Good Luck
John Normile