all i hear is crickets!

Old November 22nd 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

Default all i hear is crickets!

awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks be up to? any
work/improvements to your vw's?

Old November 22nd 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks be up to? any
> work/improvements to your vw's?

Well, I discovered this last week:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../innerwing.jpg

such a lovely surprise......got the bits now, namely floor, front of heater
channel & closing panel.

James

Old November 22nd 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks be up to? any
> work/improvements to your vw's?

I'm busy filling and leveling a building site for our new shop/garage.
It's going to be 30ftX50ft with double rollup door and a single rollup
door
on 1 side and a single rollup door on the other. Plus windows and
walkin doors. Heated & A/C of course. Building should go up in the
next several weeks. On the back side of the building will be a 10 ft
overhang the entire width of the building. Am also digging a pond
about
50 yards behind the building. Keeping me busy. Living on top of a
mountain means there is no level building sites. You have to scrape
and
fill to even come close to level.

Randy

Old November 22nd 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dragenwagen

New engine built for the '66. Waiting for the wiring harness and the new
transaxle. So nothing new to report here. But after the parts come in... I
will have plenty to do and take pics of!!!!

dw

Old November 22nd 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks be up to? any
> work/improvements to your vw's?

Putting together my 1600DP, so far everything is going together nicely.
hopefuly longblock is going to be done this week. It's mostly stock
except for fullflow, berg oil sump and exhaust.
Once i get it installed and running I am planing on building custom
intake for weber 40 DCOE carb. This is my first, so it's a bit
stressful.

Anton

Old November 22nd 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dave Tosi

Hope y'all are going to put fish in the pond for the slow VW times!!

Fweem.

--
David A. Tosi
Facilities Manager

Also an antique VW nut!
ps.com...

Old November 22nd 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Anthony W

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks be up to? any
> work/improvements to your vw's?

It's raining so hard here that I won't be doing much on my bug until
spring. I managed to replace the window channels and scrapers before
the rains came but I must have screwed it up some how. It takes about
20 pounds of force to slide the glass up and down. For now it's keeping
the rain out so I'll leave it alone. I'm not going to install the new
window lift because I think it'll bend under the load of forcing the
glass up.

Another thing that has me PO'ed is the new wing window latch I bought
broke less than a day after I put it in. It was the only part of this
job that wasn't from West Coast Metric. I trusted the local VW shop to
sell me a good part...

Anyway I'm looking at redoing the entire project and I hope to figure
out where I went wrong next time.

Tony
Old November 22nd 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks be up to? any
> work/improvements to your vw's?

Working on my body, slowly but surely. Getting a lot of welding
practice.

Old November 22nd 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Juper Wort" > wrote in message

> Well, I discovered this last week:
>
> http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../innerwing.jpg
>
> such a lovely surprise......got the bits now, namely floor, front of
> heater
> channel & closing panel.
>
> James

good that you found it now...would be much worse later on.....these VW's are
full of not so pleasant surprises...

Old November 22nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Randy" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks be up to? any
>> work/improvements to your vw's?

> I'm busy filling and leveling a building site for our new shop/garage.
> It's going to be 30ftX50ft with double rollup door and a single rollup
> door
> on 1 side and a single rollup door on the other. Plus windows and
> walkin doors. Heated & A/C of course. Building should go up in the
> next several weeks. On the back side of the building will be a 10 ft
> overhang the entire width of the building. Am also digging a pond
> about
> 50 yards behind the building. Keeping me busy. Living on top of a
> mountain means there is no level building sites. You have to scrape
> and
> fill to even come close to level.
>
> Randy

sounds like you are keeping busy, Randy....the building sounds great....i
understand about no level sites....