New Jersey town creates "pedophile-free zones"

Old May 24th 05, 06:48 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >, says...
>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>> TRENTON, N.J. -- The hometown of a little girl whose slaying prompted
>> the creation of sex offender registration laws nationwide passed a
>> measure Tuesday night that establishes the state's first
>> "pedophile-free zones" near places where children congregate.

>Shouldn't everything outside of prison walls be a pedophile-free zone?
>This is ridiculous.

Since when do laws have to make sense?
-------------
Alex

Old May 29th 05, 03:58 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article >,
John David Galt > wrote:

> Shawn Hearn wrote:
> > That law and Megan's law avoid the more difficult question. If
> > pedophiles cannot be trusted to live near children, why are they allowed
> > out of jail in the first place?

> It seems to me that parole exists in order to deal with that very problem.
> If pedos, or any other kind of felony offenders, re-offend at a high rate,
> that suggests either that parole officers aren't doing their job, or that
> the jurisdiction involved needs to assign more police to be parole officers,
> even if it means hiring more police at the expense of other budget items.

Another possibility exists. Prison doesn't help most pedophiles. I don't
know what the solution to that problem is, but releasing people from
jail who are obviously a danger to innocent children and then expecting
an already overburdened parole board and police department to keep these
pedophiles in check is a bad idea. Allowing pedophiles to pass time in
jail and than releasing them without actually helping them to resolve
the issues that motivate them to sexually molest children also seems
like a bad idea.
Old May 30th 05, 09:50 PM
Arif Khokar

Shawn Hearn wrote:

> Another possibility exists. Prison doesn't help most pedophiles. I don't
> know what the solution to that problem is,

Castration.
Old May 30th 05, 09:56 PM
MC Pee Pants

TV's Arif Khokar wrote:
> Shawn Hearn wrote:
>
>> Another possibility exists. Prison doesn't help most pedophiles. I don't
>> know what the solution to that problem is,

> Castration.

Decapitation.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

Old May 31st 05, 12:39 AM
Jim Yanik

Arif Khokar > wrote in
:

> Shawn Hearn wrote:
>
>> Another possibility exists. Prison doesn't help most pedophiles. I
>> don't know what the solution to that problem is,

> Castration.

Has been shown to NOT be effective.
OTOH,execution is 100% effective.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old June 9th 05, 06:46 PM
John David Galt

Shawn Hearn wrote:
> Another possibility exists. Prison doesn't help most pedophiles. I don't
> know what the solution to that problem is, but releasing people from
> jail who are obviously a danger to innocent children and then expecting
> an already overburdened parole board and police department to keep these
> pedophiles in check is a bad idea. Allowing pedophiles to pass time in
> jail and than releasing them without actually helping them to resolve
> the issues that motivate them to sexually molest children also seems
> like a bad idea.

As far as I'm aware, there is no therapy that will "cure" a pedo or even
make it substantially less likely that he'll re-offend, and I include
"chemical castration". So long as that is true, the only safe choices
are to keep them locked up for life, or parole them with enough
supervision.

The job of supervising them might be made easier if there were still
no-kids-allowed housing developments where they could be sent to live,
but I believe the feds banned those years ago, except the ones that are
seniors-only. Perhaps the feds should relax that rule for the cause.
Old June 9th 05, 07:26 PM
Random Waftings Of Bunker Blasts

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:46:10 -0700, John David Galt
> said:

>Perhaps the feds should relax that rule for the cause.

All because of the pedophiles?

This wouldn't be as much of a problem if they'd just put pedophiles in JAIL
like they used to. Instead they're out roaming our streets. Ick.

They're the criminals I hate the worst.

--

Buy my book he

http://www.lulu.com/content/112781 (recommended)