Wanted : sunroof for 69 bus

Old March 22nd 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

Default Wanted : sunroof for 69 bus

I want to replace the fiberglass pop Top with a sun roof for the Bus.

Has Anyone seen this before?

I want to also build in My kayak mounts.

The Pop top is noisey, not very aerodynamic, rattales, and more. It
should go. as I don't use it

thanx

Old March 22nd 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Harry Smith

On Mar 21, 10:34 pm, wrote:
> I want to replace the fiberglass pop Top with a sun roof for the Bus.
>
> Has Anyone seen this before?
>
> I want to also build in My kayak mounts.
>
> The Pop top is noisey, not very aerodynamic, rattales, and more. It
> should go. as I don't use it

I'd probably just put a window in the fiberglass poptop somehow,
improve the mounting with whatever braces are necessary, new
weatherstripping, etc. Anything different would probably involve a
lot of welding, which could get expensive. But that's just me and I
don't have a van...

Peace,
Harry

Old March 22nd 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

"Harry Smith" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 21, 10:34 pm, wrote:
> > I want to replace the fiberglass pop Top with a sun roof for the Bus.
> >
> > Has Anyone seen this before?
> >
> > I want to also build in My kayak mounts.
> >
> > The Pop top is noisey, not very aerodynamic, rattales, and more. It
> > should go. as I don't use it

> I'd probably just put a window in the fiberglass poptop somehow,
> improve the mounting with whatever braces are necessary, new
> weatherstripping, etc. Anything different would probably involve a
> lot of welding, which could get expensive. But that's just me and I
> don't have a van...
>
> Peace,
> Harry

This lot may ship your way. very good stuff from what i've seen.

http://www.parisbeetles.co.uk/

James

Old March 22nd 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Harry Smith

On Mar 22, 7:52 am, "Juper Wort" > wrote:
> This lot may ship your way. very good stuff from what i've seen.
>
> http://www.parisbeetles.co.uk/
>
> James

Wow. That is some awesome stuff...

Peace,
Harry

Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1968 Mercury Cougar 390 with Power Sunroof from ASC (American Sunroof Company) White fv (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 342249 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:55 PM
Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1968 Mercury Cougar 390 with Power Sunroof ASC (American Sunroof Company) White Signage (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 146839 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:54 PM
Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1968 Mercury Cougar 390 with Power Sunroof ASC (American Sunroof Company) White fvr (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 340372 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:54 PM
sunroof? mikker BMW 1 September 3rd 06 12:25 PM
wanted: extended warranty4allroad 2001, reliable provider, up to 100k miles wanted tom Audi 2 January 27th 05 01:20 AM