My YJ needs front speakers... Select Increments Centra Pod?

Old December 14th 04, 07:09 AM
BassClefJeeper

Default My YJ needs front speakers... Select Increments Centra Pod?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Select
Increments Centra Pod for YJs? I found them at www.4wd.com.

I have a '95 YJ, and the only speakers that work are the soundbar
overhead speakers. I don't really want to mess with the dash speakers,
since I could never hear any sound coming out of there anyway and its a
pain to install. So I heard about this Centra Pod deal, and it seems
pretty nice... the speakers point at the driver and passanger...

They can come with 2 5 1/4 Profile Brand Speakers for $130, or you can
just get the empty box for $70. I'm planning on buying the box without
speakers, and then filling it with my own speakers.
Good idea? Bad idea? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Erik

Old December 16th 04, 10:38 AM
Old Crow

On 13 Dec 2004 23:09:40 -0800, "BassClefJeeper" >
wrote:

>Hey, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Select
>Increments Centra Pod for YJs? I found them at www.4wd.com.
>
>I have a '95 YJ, and the only speakers that work are the soundbar
>overhead speakers. I don't really want to mess with the dash speakers,
>since I could never hear any sound coming out of there anyway and its a
>pain to install. So I heard about this Centra Pod deal, and it seems
>pretty nice... the speakers point at the driver and passanger...
>
>They can come with 2 5 1/4 Profile Brand Speakers for $130, or you can
>just get the empty box for $70. I'm planning on buying the box without
>speakers, and then filling it with my own speakers.
>Good idea? Bad idea? Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Erik

Wally World carries a replacement pair for the dash. 100watt
Pioneer's for like $42. Took me about an hour and a half to change
'em out on my YJ. We'll see on Christmas day if I got any faster when
I put another set of them in my wife's YJ.
I don't have any trouble hearing them at any legal speeds. Above 75
or 80 mph is another story, but I hardly ever travel that fast anyway.
I looked at that pod deal, but decided that it took up the space that
I instead used to mount my CB radio.
--
Old Crow
'82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl'
Old January 8th 05, 06:46 AM
BassClefJeeper

I ended up buying the Centra Pod... It was a little overpriced i think,
for what I got... but i just installed it last night with a couple of
pioneer 5 1/4" speakers and it sounds really nice and looks sharp

Old January 8th 05, 11:23 AM
Old Crow

On 7 Jan 2005 22:46:35 -0800, "BassClefJeeper" >
wrote:

>I ended up buying the Centra Pod... It was a little overpriced i think,
>for what I got... but i just installed it last night with a couple of
>pioneer 5 1/4" speakers and it sounds really nice and looks sharp

Took me about an hour and a half to install the replacement speakers
in the dash of my ol' lady's YJ. Wouldn't have taken so long but I
had to re-run the wires to the rear speakers because of the way I
hooked them up before.
Now I've still got the hump to add the CB later on. Not in a real big
hurry, 'cuz when we're on the trail, as long as she hasn't got a CB, I
don't have to listen to her bitch at me<BFG>.
--
Old Crow
'82 Shovelhead FLTC 92" 'Pearl'