Rear pads worn

Old November 18th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
zonie

Default Rear pads worn

This week I thought I heard the pad wear indicators on my '04 Accord. I
looked at the pads from the outside and all looked well. But upon removal
of the rear pads, the outer pad looked okay but the inner pad was worn to
the indicator .The car has 29000 easy miles. The fronts look to be about
40% worn and the rears were done. Put on new pads from Honda and all is
good again. Still suprised the rears went out before the fronts. I not
complaining. This is the first money spent on this car. I love this car
and plan many more years of driving.
Scott

Old November 18th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

zonie wrote:
> This week I thought I heard the pad wear indicators on my '04 Accord. I
> looked at the pads from the outside and all looked well. But upon removal
> of the rear pads, the outer pad looked okay but the inner pad was worn to
> the indicator .The car has 29000 easy miles. The fronts look to be about
> 40% worn and the rears were done. Put on new pads from Honda and all is
> good again. Still suprised the rears went out before the fronts. I not
> complaining. This is the first money spent on this car. I love this car
> and plan many more years of driving.
> Scott

---------------------------------

If you didn't disassemble the sliders and grease them with the proper
synthetic lube, you're going to have to take them apart again.
They were telling you something when they wore out unevenly. Sliders are
seized.

'Curly'
Old November 19th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

motsco_ > wrote in
:

> zonie wrote:
>> This week I thought I heard the pad wear indicators on my '04 Accord.
>> I looked at the pads from the outside and all looked well. But upon
>> removal of the rear pads, the outer pad looked okay but the inner pad
>> was worn to the indicator .The car has 29000 easy miles. The fronts
>> look to be about 40% worn and the rears were done. Put on new pads
>> from Honda and all is good again. Still suprised the rears went out
>> before the fronts. I not complaining. This is the first money spent
>> on this car. I love this car and plan many more years of driving.
>> Scott

> ---------------------------------
>
> If you didn't disassemble the sliders and grease them with the proper
> synthetic lube, you're going to have to take them apart again.
> They were telling you something when they wore out unevenly. Sliders
> are seized.

Either that or the outer pad was seized to the mount bracket. Either is
equally likely.

To the OP: Your rear pads should have fallen off by themselves when the
caliper came off. If you had to pry them loose, then the outer pad was
stuck from rust.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rustybrakes/brakes1.html

--
TeGGeR®