Transmission Warranty

Old November 16th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

Default Transmission Warranty

"MLD" > wrote in message news:z6%6h.3644$fk2.228@trndny02...
> This might be old news but there has been a class action suit against
> Honda
> regarding transmission failure--sudden downshifting from Drive to 2nd.
> Agreements between the parties have been made and it is scheduled to be
> legally resolved in Dec. Applies to 2000 and above--warranty extended to
> 93
> months from purchase date or 106,000 miles (not too sure on miles, could
> be
> different but in the ball park). If you're covered you should receive
> notification, if you didn't contact Honda.

Less than 109,000 miles as of 9-21-2006 and vehicle purchase/lease date
after 11-21-98.

Old November 16th 06, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Matthew[_2_]

The transmission on my 1998 Accord failed after a mere 70k miles. Honda
insisted mine was NOT covered by the extended warranty (knowing damn well it
should have been!!)
After 'negotiating' with them, I managed to get them to replace the tranny
for a mere $1100 as opposed to the "regular" price of $4200. Car now with
110k and driving better with the new tranny than it ever did with the
original one.
Matthew

news

Old November 16th 06, 03:58 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"Matthew" > wrote in message
> The transmission on my 1998 Accord failed after a mere 70k miles. Honda
> insisted mine was NOT covered by the extended warranty (knowing damn well
> it
> should have been!!)
> After 'negotiating' with them, I managed to get them to replace the tranny
> for a mere $1100 as opposed to the "regular" price of $4200. Car now with
> 110k and driving better with the new tranny than it ever did with the
> original one.

Have you recently submitted a claim for re-imbursement under the terms of
the new suit? Might be worth $1100 to you.

Old November 16th 06, 06:35 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
MLD

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Matthew" >
> wrote:
>
> > The transmission on my 1998 Accord failed after a mere 70k miles. Honda
> > insisted mine was NOT covered by the extended warranty (knowing damn

well it
> > should have been!!)

> Why should it have been?
>
> Was it a 4 speed auto trans hooked to a V6 engine?

The new suit only applies to 2000 and newer
MLD

Old November 16th 06, 08:46 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Matthew[_2_]

Yes, the 98-02 EXV6 was a 4 AT hooked to a V6. How Honda could have left the
98 and 99's off the "recall" is absurd. The 98 was the FIRST model year of
that run and was prone to the same tranny probs as the 2000 and later.