Michelin HydroEdge on 99 Cirrus LXi - Good Idea?

Old October 23rd 04, 10:20 PM
Richard

"Dan" > wrote in message
om...
> Also look at the Goodyear Triple Tread; new on the
>> market this year.
>>
>> Richard.

> Another great 3 in 1 product that can't do any of the 3. Winter tires
> are winter tires, and summer tires are summer tires.

And the basis for your statement (on products you have not used) is what?

Richard.

Old October 25th 04, 03:19 AM
Dan

> And the basis for your statement (on products you have not used) is what?
>
> Richard.

All season tires.
Old October 25th 04, 03:19 AM
Dan

> And the basis for your statement (on products you have not used) is what?
>
> Richard.

All season tires.
Old October 25th 04, 11:51 AM
Richard

"Dan" > wrote in message
om...

>> And the basis for your statement (on products you have not used) is what?
>>
>> Richard.

> All season tires.

I agree that summer tires don't work in the cold. Example, Michelin's MXV
would not go in the snow.

Real snow tires are best in snow and ice, especially for the first 10,000
miles or so of tread life.

But Goodyear and Michelin now have long wearing all season tires that seem
to do it all. I had good experience with the Hydroedge tires last winter in
upstate NY. They were at least as good as my now 4/32 Michelin snow tires.
Not all season tires are worth their salt on snow and ice.

Richard.

Old October 25th 04, 11:51 AM
Richard

om...

Old October 26th 04, 10:56 PM
Dan

> I agree that summer tires don't work in the cold. Example, Michelin's MXV
> would not go in the snow.
>
> Real snow tires are best in snow and ice, especially for the first 10,000
> miles or so of tread life.
>
> But Goodyear and Michelin now have long wearing all season tires that seem
> to do it all. I had good experience with the Hydroedge tires last winter in
> upstate NY. They were at least as good as my now 4/32 Michelin snow tires.
> Not all season tires are worth their salt on snow and ice.
>
> Richard.

Yeah, my summer tires are shot so I will be buying a new set come
spring. I am lookng at the Hydroedge. Where I live we have -30 and
colder temps in the winter. So a soft compound tire make a huge
difference.
Old October 26th 04, 10:56 PM
Dan

Old October 27th 04, 01:29 AM
Richard

"Dan" > wrote in message
om...
>> I agree that summer tires don't work in the cold. Example, Michelin's MXV
>> would not go in the snow.
>>
>> Real snow tires are best in snow and ice, especially for the first 10,000
>> miles or so of tread life.
>>
>> But Goodyear and Michelin now have long wearing all season tires that
>> seem
>> to do it all. I had good experience with the Hydroedge tires last winter
>> in
>> upstate NY. They were at least as good as my now 4/32 Michelin snow
>> tires.
>> Not all season tires are worth their salt on snow and ice.
>>
>> Richard.

> Yeah, my summer tires are shot so I will be buying a new set come
> spring. I am lookng at the Hydroedge. Where I live we have -30 and
> colder temps in the winter. So a soft compound tire make a huge
> difference.

To tell you the truth, I love the Hydroedge tire, but intend to stick new
snows on the van for the winter because perhaps once or twice this winter I
expect they will make a big difference. It can get very rough here in the
north country of NYS.

Richard.

Old October 27th 04, 01:29 AM
Richard

om...

Old October 28th 04, 02:45 AM
Dan

To tell you the truth, I love the Hydroedge tire, but intend to stick new
> snows on the van for the winter because perhaps once or twice this winter I
> expect they will make a big difference. It can get very rough here in the
> north country of NYS.
>
> Richard.

For sure, better on the road than in the ditch.