Diagnostic device

Old February 27th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Diagnostic device

I recently bought a 40k mile 1995 v6. It has since come to my
attention that I can't service my car locally (I'm in South Africa and
Ford SA doesn't acknowledge the existence of Ford USA - they're part of
the British Ford group). Can anyone recommend a diagnostic device that
I can purchase to personally check the status of my car? I don't need
anything fancy, just a basic decive that will inform me if anything has
gone faulty.

Old February 27th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a diagnostic device that
> I can purchase to personally check the status of my car? I don't need
> anything fancy, just a basic decive that will inform me if anything has
> gone faulty.

http://tinyurl.com/md8ps

My kid bought me this one for Christmas... however I havent used it, while
he has. He says it works fine to read and reset.
Note this guys sells a lot of different ones... and ships international,
though you'd have to ask him about S.A.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old February 28th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

If you want more serious data logging there are also products like
AutoTap (which I've used and loved). If Diablo or SCT sells a handheld
for your car those work great too.

Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things