BIG BROTHER IS COMING!! (was: teen driver alert)

Old December 11th 04, 06:39 AM
GPSMike

Default BIG BROTHER IS COMING!! (was: teen driver alert)

You may want to check out a site that actually works.
http://www.vehiclelocate.net

This is notably the most advanced system on the market and very
affordable. It allows the car owner the ability to lock, unlock,
remote start, remote disable, set up geo fencing, report when a pre set
speed is exceeded and provides you with satellite imagery for near
instant location if your car is ever stolen or taken without
permission.

Old December 11th 04, 04:23 PM
GPSMike

Hey thanks for the comments. I never represented that the images were
real time. Yes the images are superimposed over the map, it just gives
the requesting party the ability to identify fixed buildings and other
landmarks to aid in the location of their vehicles. The serice plans
range between $8.50 per month and $36.75 per month. Considering that
the insurance discounts that the end user receives when implementing
this item, the out of pocket cost to the consumer is negligible.
Furthermore, the photo option gives you zooming ability to get closer
to the location of the vehicle.

http://vehiclelocate.net/login/cache...951210a67a.gif

http://vehiclelocate.net/login/cache...590a2f85fc.gif

And no your car is not actually shown in the imagery. That's your own
assumption. The image in the link you provided is an example piece.
When you click on the demo you get shown what you actually see when
you're logged in. Your vehicle is represented by the red x. Since
you're the login owner your vehicle is the only one that shows up
making it easier to identify and locate. Thanks for the visit! You may
want to contact your insurance company and see how much you'll save on
your premiums by installing the vehiclelocate.net GPS tracking device.
Merry Christmas my friend!

Old December 11th 04, 04:33 PM
223rem

GPSMike wrote:

> Merry Christmas my friend!

He's not your friend.

Old December 11th 04, 04:33 PM
223rem

GPSMike wrote:

> Merry Christmas my friend!

He's not your friend.

Old December 11th 04, 04:43 PM
GPSMike

Why do you say that? I don't take any offense to what he stated on my
product or it's features. He did present it in a rather interesting
manner, and he brought up a rather valuable concern about the satellite
imagery and how it's used. If anything his comments assisted me.
Anyone who helps me, is indeed a friend

Old December 11th 04, 04:52 PM
223rem

GPSMike wrote:
> Hey thanks for the comments. I never represented that the images were
> real time. Yes the images are superimposed over the map, it just gives
> the requesting party the ability to identify fixed buildings and other
> landmarks to aid in the location of their vehicles.

The problem is that the viewpoint of the driver is *very* different
from the viewpoint from which the photo is taken. So different
that it's useless, actually. And on top of that, you do not provide
vehicle orientation information, only location information.
Old December 11th 04, 04:52 PM
223rem

Old December 11th 04, 05:00 PM
Richard Ness

He didn't bring to your attention that you are a spammer.

Another word of advice to take heed of:
Be very careful when spamming. Complaints will get you shut
down VERY quickly