bad safety inspection karma

Old May 3rd 05, 10:24 PM
Mike Romain

The rears are a light green.

Mike

Old May 4th 05, 06:48 AM
Rusted

I plugged my old switch into the harness, and things worked. So I replaced
the "new" switch again, and so far so good. We will try for that all
illusive safety and emissions again in the morning. Mike, thanks for the
help with the color coded wires, it did help try to troubleshoot a bad
switch.

Old May 4th 05, 07:22 AM
Thom

No.
Me and a friend of mine went to the test (he '78 CJ7, me '81 CJ7) last
friday. Mine passed, his failed because of oil in the right rear drumbrake.
He fixed it and did a retest yesterday, where they tested the brakes and
did a quick runaround cause everything was fine friday. He passed.
Pulling out of the test station he discovered that NONE of the
turnsignals where working.

Thom.

Old May 4th 05, 12:30 PM
Steve Foley

The brakes had stopped the Jeep before the pedal hit the floor, so it really
wasn't bad at all. Just one of those "Oh Sh*&" moments.

The extortion station was 1/4 mile from my house, so I just drove home in
first gear.

Old May 4th 05, 07:07 PM
Rusted

Went to the shop today, only to find the familiar faces I know not working
there any longer. Two older gentlemen were working, one was not limber
enough to get his leg up into my jeep. These two guys tag teamed my safety
inspection and it took them 15-20 minutes. They checked everything they
could think of. They even noticed that my rear license plate was a little
loose. Then for the visual part of the emissions test they printed a vacuum
diagram to compare it with my engine, and even tugged on hoses to verify
that they were properly attached. When he came in and told me that it
passed I about fainted. After that it passed the sniffer in the tail pipe
emissions test as well. This is better than a birthday!

Reset Inspection Indicator Test BMW 33 February 25th 05 04:08 PM
looking for information on vehicle safety inspections Peter D. Hipson 4x4 0 January 17th 05 03:44 PM
NTSB Wants Black Boxes in Passenger Vehicles MoPar Man Chrysler 62 January 14th 05 02:44 PM
Salvage Registration [email protected] Technology 2 December 30th 04 02:10 AM
Anti-Sway Bars, Safety and Performance Discussion! [email protected] Jeep 1 December 2nd 04 02:43 PM