19" wheels on an '05 mustang?

Old May 1st 05, 07:19 PM

Its not listed, but you CAN get it. List is $16k without any options.

Old May 1st 05, 07:19 PM

Those parts are already on order actually

Old May 1st 05, 07:20 PM

The length is an issue, theres some firewall modification thats going to
have to be done, the battery is being relocated to a trunk box, and the gas
tank is being swapped for a cell.

The fans have to all move, and theres a hood clearance issue, which is what
convinced me to get the eleanor kit -- the hump in the hood takes care of
that problem.

Old May 2nd 05, 04:58 PM
Mark C.

Sweet, what are you going to use as a tranny?

--
Mark

Old May 2nd 05, 05:17 PM
japhar81

Thats still undecided... I was looking at using the tranny thats in the GT,
but its MASSIVE. Ford racing has one that works, but its a 6
speed/overdrive, and kinda pricy. So the shop is still looking around.

Old May 2nd 05, 08:28 PM
RT

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:10:42 -0700, Garth Almgren >
wrote:

>On 4/29/2005 3:47 PM, japhar81 wrote:
>
>> what?

>Wheels separated from the road by only 1" of rubber sounds painful.
>'Course, I'm used to 75 series tires... Nice and cushy!

Sounds expensive too. Hope you don't have ANY pottholes in the roads.
Old May 3rd 05, 12:54 AM
RSCamaro

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:17:37 -0400, "japhar81" >
wrote:

>Thats still undecided... I was looking at using the tranny thats in the GT,
>but its MASSIVE. Ford racing has one that works, but its a 6
>speed/overdrive, and kinda pricy. So the shop is still looking around.

The TKO 6 speed I believe can handle up to 600 hp and the price I
think is around $1,900.

...Ron
--
68' Camaro RS
88' Firebird Formula
Old May 3rd 05, 03:30 AM

The shop thats doing the engine work is estimating ~850HP at the wheel when
everything is said and done. I'm having them go all out and build it to
perform. I'll take a look at the TKOs.

Old May 4th 05, 01:31 PM
Carl Childers

In article >, <japhar81> wrote:

> Guys,
> I'm thinking of putting 19"x9" wheels on my '05, with 1" of rubber... Total
> will be 20", which should be the same as my 17's with 3" of rubber... Anyone
> know if they will fit well?

Sounds gorgeous dude. Go for it. It'll be the baddest V-6 in the ghetto.
Old May 4th 05, 01:47 PM
japhar81

Look everyone! Another troll that cant read.