Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

Old July 16th 06, 05:06 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
E Brown

Default Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:23:13 -0400, Dean Dark
> wrote:

>On 15 Jul 2006 16:10:35 -0700, "Filmophile" >
>wrote:
>
>>> The BMW Z3 and Z4 are great looking cars,

>>**Vulgarity Warning**
>>
>>Opinions will differ, both are too phalic for my personal taste,
>>although I did sort of like the old Z3 based M Coupe. The new Z4 coupe
>>looks like a penis and scrotum turned upside-down to me.

>Compared to the much more subtly phallic, and very beautiful early
>series Jaguar E-types, yes. Those were pretty much timeless
>sculptures, as compared to the here-today-gone-tomorrow styling of
>which you speak.

I've read, lots of reviews where this was said about the Z3, but
this is the first time I've ever heard it about the Z4. The Z4 has the
same proportions, but it's angular design and seams make it less
organic, imo.
epbrown
--
"Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car;
most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus
Old July 16th 06, 06:30 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article <Dgeug.38111$AB3.30433@fed1read02>,
Jim Keenan > wrote:

>"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message >
>
>And the "real porsche" crack will never be tired as long as porsche people
>> overreact to it.

>No, the "real Porsche" crack remains tired since so many uninformed folks
>keep using it.

See?

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 16th 06, 06:31 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article <9keug.38112$AB3.2211@fed1read02>,
Jim Keenan > wrote:

>"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
>> I said "sounds *like*" not "here's an authoritative answer from a
>> registered
>> psychic".

>I know what you said. The point is, you don't know the car or the driver,
>and have no basis for suggesting the failure was the result of infrequent
>oil changes.

I agree with you. I said "it sounds like" not "it's because of".

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 16th 06, 07:10 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Jim Keenan

"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
> I agree with you. I said "it sounds like" not "it's because of".

Brilliant. You said it sounds like infrequent oil changes were the cause of
the motor problems on a car that had oil changes at half the intervals
recommended by the factory.

Old July 16th 06, 07:13 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Jim Keenan

"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
> In article <Dgeug.38111$AB3.30433@fed1read02>,
> Jim Keenan > wrote:
>>
>>"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message >
>>
>>And the "real porsche" crack will never be tired as long as porsche people
>>> overreact to it.

>>No, the "real Porsche" crack remains tired since so many uninformed folks
>>keep using it.

> See?

Exactly.

Old July 16th 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article <_hvug.38376$AB3.36599@fed1read02>,
Jim Keenan > wrote:

>"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
>> I agree with you. I said "it sounds like" not "it's because of".

>Brilliant. You said it sounds like infrequent oil changes were the cause of
>the motor problems on a car that had oil changes at half the intervals
>recommended by the factory.

So... your point is?

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 17th 06, 04:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Jim Keenan

"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
> In article <_hvug.38376$AB3.36599@fed1read02>,
> Jim Keenan > wrote:
>>
>>"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
>>> I agree with you. I said "it sounds like" not "it's because of".

>>Brilliant. You said it sounds like infrequent oil changes were the cause
>>of
>>the motor problems on a car that had oil changes at half the intervals
>>recommended by the factory.

> So... your point is?

Exactly what it's been all along - you have no knowledge of the service
records of the car in question and are in no position to postulate the
reason for the engine problem. It's a simple concept.

Old July 17th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article <RdOug.38449$AB3.8624@fed1read02>,
Jim Keenan > wrote:
>Exactly what it's been all along - you have no knowledge of the service
>records of the car in question and are in no position to postulate the
>reason for the engine problem. It's a simple concept.

Absolutely. Maybe he didn't change the oil enough or something.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net