Another Front Bumper Question

Old February 14th 05, 03:33 AM
Richard

Default Another Front Bumper Question

While parking my 98 SL manual in a lot, pointing downward, I drove the front
end over the a, which made a loud scraping sound. I then backed up, which
made even more noise.

Now the front bumper on the passenger side is hanging about 1" off from
where it meets the body, and inside the wheel well, facing front, it is
broken apart horizontally, all the way across, about midway down. The bumper
itself, what you see when facing the front of the car, is intact. It seems
to just be the connection that is broken, but I'm not able to push it back
in place.

How many parts are involved here, what are they called? I can't find
anything that seems to relate in either the Chilton's or Haynes. Looking for
parts, I've seen thing called Bumper Assembly, Bumper Guard, Bumper
Reinforcement. Which of these is it, and what is that part inside the wheel
well?

Thanks all.