Saturn L300 transmission problem

Old August 18th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default Saturn L300 transmission problem

My L300 makes a severe clunking noise when driven or even when pushed
in neutral. Trany fluid all over bottom of car. Is there any chance
of a GM extended warranty for trany problems? Could this be a drive
shaft problem, not a trany problem?
Old August 18th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_4_]

Transmission problems get big fast if you drive it without enough ATF. With
the L series transmissions, they never bothered with a dipstick so there is
no easy way to find the fluid level (short of putting the car on a lift and
removing inspection plug).

If it were just the clunks, I'd say it was a motor mount. With Fluid on the
ground, take it to a good transmission shop for an opinion. Maybe you get
lucky and it is a leaking oil cooler line or external seal.