Saudis give Bush the finger over oil-output

Old May 17th 08, 08:45 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
Mr.T

Default Saudis give Bush the finger over oil-output

"Bob Hawke" > wrote in message
> Once the oil gets over $40 US a barrel the USA shale under the Colorado
> mountains becomes viable to extract.

It's been higher than that for quite some time already!

MrT.

Old May 17th 08, 10:14 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
Saab C900 Viggenist

"Mr.T" <MrT@home> writes:

>"Bob Hawke" > wrote in message
>> Once the oil gets over $40 US a barrel the USA shale under the Colorado
>> mountains becomes viable to extract.

>It's been higher than that for quite some time already!

And if the Yanks are going to start mining oil shale you can bet we'd see
serious moves made to re-start the Australian oil shale industry. That'll
really impress the locals up at Glen-Davis and Newnes when they get told the
big mining companies are taking over their towns. 8-)

Craig.

--
Craig's Saab C900 Page at | Craig's Classic Saab Workshop - Sydney .au
http://lios.apana.org.au/~c900 | http://www.classicsaab.net and other URL's
Old May 17th 08, 10:53 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
the fonz

On May 17, 5:45*pm, "Mr.T" <MrT@home> wrote:
> "Bob Hawke" > wrote in message

> > Once the oil gets over $40 US a barrel the USA shale under the Colorado
> > mountains becomes viable to extract.

> It's been higher than that for quite some time already!

i thought the figure was closer to $100 per barrel.

the point is though, that the saudis have, through their vast
reserves, the power to control the global price. anyone who was
willing to spend $billions tooling up shale oil drilling/extraction
facilities and refineries would be completely at the mercy of the
saudis not to start producing more oil, which would lower the price
and make shale oil uncompetitive. in other words, the saudis and OPEC
hold the aces.

when you really think about it, and of course they have, imperialism
is a better business model. thus the large US military presence in
saudi arabia and other activities in the mid-east.
Old May 17th 08, 10:10 PM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
Doug[_9_]

Exactly, rather than the Saudis, I'd point the finger
at OPEC, an organization that is 75% muslim.

Old May 18th 08, 02:06 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
the fonz

On May 18, 7:10*am, "Doug" > wrote:
> Exactly, rather than the Saudis, I'd point the finger
> at OPEC, an organization that is 75% muslim.

you do realise it's their oil. supposedly this gives them the right to
do with it as they choose.
Old May 18th 08, 08:53 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
russell

Anything more than a few feet under my backyard is mine? Gee, that's good
news..

Old May 18th 08, 09:10 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
the fonz

On May 18, 5:53*pm, "russell" > wrote:
> Anything more than a few feet under my backyard is mine? * Gee, that's good
> news..

knock yourself out..
Old May 18th 08, 07:24 PM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
Doug[_9_]

We should stop selling the Saudis food. They can eat
all the sand and oil they want -- just not food.

Old May 20th 08, 05:02 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.consumers,rec.autos.misc,aus.politics
Mr.T

"the fonz" > wrote in message
>> > Once the oil gets over $40 US a barrel the USA shale under the Colorado
>> > mountains becomes viable to extract.

>> It's been higher than that for quite some time already!

>i thought the figure was closer to $100 per barrel.

Well over $100 USD a barrel unfortunately!

Some interesting figures and forcasts at http://www.oil-price.net/

MrT.

Next fill-up, give thanks to Bush and his ZioNazi controllers [email protected] Driving 5 October 29th 07 11:47 PM
Bob Woodward confirms Saudis lowered oil prices ahead of elections Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 4 October 3rd 06 07:41 AM
GTR Finger cursor PJL Simulators 2 April 4th 05 10:59 PM
4/19/04 Saudis Prince says he didn't promise to lower oil pricesfor Bush's re-election Lone Haranguer General 1 April 22nd 04 02:40 AM