Alignment/Measurement Question - Caster of Front Wheels

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 6th 05, 05:27 PM
Martin

If the tire's contact patch is BEHIND the point where the "kingpin
axis" would be projected onto the pavement, is this positive or
negative caster?

Since I (luckily) have one side where the caster/camber is presumably
correct, can I fine-tune the match using driving characteristics? In
other words, if the vehicle pulls/drifts to the driver's side, which
side needs positive caster reduced (assuming equal camber and level
pavement)?

Thanks,

Martin